FNRttC pre-ride: London/Bristol to Cardiff, May 20th 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Your bollocks are 54cm across or 54cm around?

I think ive got it wrong, am sure they were 64cm last year, I best get measured again...

Your bollocks are 54cm across or 54cm around?

5pfrqb.jpg

Apropos horseplay, there are, as you know, many 'white horses' en route. Uffington for example, and all the Wiltshire herd - we saw signposts indicating their location, but I think only Adam has a visual note...
However, we were 'refocussing' after repairs, to press on and lo - the White Horse of Huffingandpuffington appeared - in the flesh.

jpzn1h.jpg

And all because Adam muttered in earshot: "...I'm having a 'mare today"

Luckily, we beat the latest Icelandic ash cloud, otherwise we might still be stuck at Moto Services in Bristol. :smile:
And, who needs to relaunch? David Cameron needs to organise himself and get on a ride, when we are always "...all in it together!"

And, today, during a lull, there is nothing nicer than reflecting on pleasant memories... thanks again, Mick. :smile:

Respecting copyright, all credit to EJ v. Koningsfeld for his image of the delightful Danielle Hughes - working as a wingwalker for Breitling. Just google it - you know you want to. There is a breadth of information on this friendly person. :smile:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
these mileages are staggering enough, but what really takes the breath away was how chipper they all were when they arrived in Cardiff. Adam, despite his tyre tribulations, Mick, Martin and Frank despite the huge distances were the life and soul of the party.

mistral

Guru
these mileages are staggering enough, but what really takes the breath away was how chipper they all were when they arrived in Cardiff. Adam, despite his tyre tribulations, Mick, Martin and Frank despite the huge distances were the life and soul of the party.

You're too kind, but .... Every picture tells a story

Mick and I wouldn't have been chipper if we hadn't got the train from Chepstow. We probably would have just got to Cardiff in time, but without any food, we'd have suffered badly. Having that 45 minutes break to get some food and sit down made all the difference, so by the time we got back to the Millenium Centre, we both said we felt back to normal and the following morning at the Mumbles, we didn't feel much different after a normal FNRttC.

The beer(s) help also.

OP
OP
frank9755

frank9755

Cyclist

Bit sleepy today though!
Had an early start and a 4-hour meeting and felt very close to falling into one of those Saturday morning style power naps...

Top Bottom