FNRttC PROVISIONAL 2012 dates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Ooh looks good to me!!!

I'd better start organising passes for the ones that are within the same month!!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
dates for Fridays HPCJoG please?

or can I not see wood for trees?
It's either HPCJoG or Barcelona and the Cote d'Azur

I'm going to come to a decision after our recce ride next month, although I'll need Frank to 'buff up' the programme a bit, because I know nothing about camping (memo to self - must e-mail Frank)

I know that either way some people are going to be disappointed, but if I decide early then there is at least the possibility of people finding an alternative.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Nicely timed there, just got my leave form for 2012-13 today.
well, give it a bit of time if you can - people might have other ideas. Some might want the Southend ride moved to April 5th, or the Whitstable ride moved to August 24th. June 1st and June the 8th are either side of a two day holiday for Her Maj's Jubbly or some such

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Whoooo looks good to me too
I'm defo in for the Brighton rides, and as many of the other South Coast ones as I can arrange bubba-sitting for.
My birthday April 28th, so might even be able to wangle the York ride as a 'present'

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
It's either HPCJoG or Barcelona and the Cote d'Azur

I know that either way some people are going to be disappointed, but if I decide early then there is at least the possibility of people finding an alternative.

but either way some people are going to have a great time!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
well, give it a bit of time if you can - people might have other ideas. Some might want the Southend ride moved to April 5th, or the Whitstable ride moved to August 24th. June 1st and June the 8th are either side of a two day holiday for Her Maj's Jubbly or some such

Will do, doesn't have to be handed in for a few weeks.

RE Barcelona/JOG...my preference for multiple reasons remains for the latter, but I could be tempted by the former as well, providing there are decent arrangements for getting the bikes there and back. I'd be more than happy to chip in for a van & driver if it meant I could bring a proper bike box & not have to lug everything on my back for a week, or worry that I'm going to pick up a busted frame from a luggage carousel.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
now I have a deadline for submitting my PhD thesis - at least the day before the barcelona/john o groats ride :biggrin:
ah - if we go to JOG it will be 16th to 22nd June - and you can leave your lights behind. (St. Magnus Festival 22nd to 27th of June)

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Will do, doesn't have to be handed in for a few weeks.

RE Barcelona/JOG...my preference for multiple reasons remains for the latter, but I could be tempted by the former as well, providing there are decent arrangements for getting the bikes there and back. I'd be more than happy to chip in for a van & driver if it meant I could bring a proper bike box & not have to lug everything on my back for a week, or worry that I'm going to pick up a busted frame from a luggage carousel.
you're absolutely right. Getting support would be fantastic - but we'd need at least eight people in a minibus with some seats taken out to make it work.

Part of the calculation is using small airports - Prat in Barcelona is mega, but Nice and London City are diddly. We're taking the bikes over in cardboard boxes, dumping the boxes and then looking for packaging in Nice.

Top Bottom