FNRttC PROVISIONAL 2012 dates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

I think you're thinking of two different rides User10571. I was on the return from Dell's Midhurst/Sussex ride that went up Box Hill in August (?). I rode home on my own from the top of BH after the Hilly 50 in March.

You may well be right, Martin235.

Apologies, my mistake .

Mr Bunbury

Frank, you've failed to talk Simon into a Friday Night Ride to Brest. How come?!

frank9755

Cyclist
The actual firm behind it, Action Challenge UK Ltd, does seem to do a lot of things, after looking at their corporate web site. A quick check on Companies House shows their accounts are up to date, although one of the people Action Challenge state is a director, was removed a year ago. Which seems an odd omission not to correct on a company web site.

Not sure I can be bothered to waste £1 to get a copy of their company accounts to see how profitable they are. They're listed as a small company, so the turnover is below £6.5 million.

Well I'm not surprised they do other things as the poor chap doesn't seem to have got far down the learning curve on this!

I might get the accounts out of nosiness if I remember next time I'm collecting some other ones. Hard to read too much into what people do with directorships - could be personal tax or some other unconnected reason.

frank9755

Cyclist
how far down the learning curve do you need to go if you're pulling in that kind of dough?

I don't know what it costs to market and to operate an event with professional stewards, mechanics, vans, coaches etc, so I can't say what his break-even number of riders is or how profitable it is with 240 (but I expect you have a pretty good idea of the costs, and that one could hire quite a few stewards with £34k)

So if it's lucrative enough then the hard thing would be to avoid going down the learning curve!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I don't know what it costs to market and to operate an event with professional stewards, mechanics, vans, coaches etc, so I can't say what his break-even number of riders is or how profitable it is with 240 (but I expect you have a pretty good idea of the costs, and that one could hire quite a few stewards with £34k)

So if it's lucrative enough then the hard thing would be to avoid going down the learning curve!
that's the weird thing - the 2011 Moonriders event was significantly 'lighter' than the Martlets ride. A few glowsticks. Naff all marshals. Fewer loo stops. No control room.

I've got to stop thinking about those muppets - it's all too aggravating!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
puh-lease. If any FNRttC was as boring as a Leonardo painting I'd give up! The Anish Kapoor of his day......

how far down the learning curve do you need to go if you're pulling in that kind of dough?

Did someone mention Anish Kapoor C (learning) Curve?
:whistle:

DSCN2149.jpg

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I quite like Anish Kapoor. That big trumpet thing he put in the Turbine Hall at Tate Modern was just awesome. :whistle:

Some and some Mart I think. The C-Curve on the top of the S Downs was fun - that's me in the reflection BTW :becool:

These piles of sand were less impressive!

DSCN2170.jpg

Top Bottom