FNRttC PROVISIONAL 2012 dates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frank9755

Cyclist
The Hilly ride is on March 10th next year which is the Saturday.

I also had a rest while waiting for you
tongue.gif

I saw that upthread. I don't think it's feasible to do both (TBH even if it was on the Sunday my experience has been that a FNRttC means I can't do another decent ride for a few days). What on earth is "Ballbuster Avoidance?"

I had a wonderful rest waiting for you to finish testing all those different inner tubes!

martint235

Dog on a bike
The Hilly ride is on March 10th next year which is the Saturday.

I also had a rest while waiting for you
tongue.gif

Oh I thought someone said it was on the Sunday. Nah if it's on the Saturday, not a prayer of doing both.

And yeah about 30 seconds, not long enough to notice you had a puncture!!
tongue.gif

Attachments

• tongue.gif
    tongue.gif
    260 bytes · Views: 60

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Oh I thought someone said it was on the Sunday. Nah if it's on the Saturday, not a prayer of doing both.

And yeah about 30 seconds, not long enough to notice you had a puncture!!
tongue.gif

So it sais its only 3000ft of climbing and your wimping out?? Call yourself a man....
rolleyes.gif

U

User10571

Oh for heavens sake!

Ride down there.
Do the ride.
Meet up at the top of Box Hill with someone who hasn't done the ride (I'm looking at you Adrian).
Get your legs ripped off on the ride back from BH.
Be unable to move for the two days which follow.

Simples
thumbsup.png

EDIT: Come to think of it... weren't you with us on the return trip from BH, Martin235?

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Well davy, if you're on the ride back from Brighton I doubt we'll be past Crawley by the time the Hilly 50 finishes. And that's if they hold it on Sunday :smile:

angry.gif
gun.gif

If we go your Garmin'd way that insists on every bleeding incline and wrong turn possible, then, Sunday would be realistic...

martint235

Dog on a bike
Oh for heavens sake!

Ride down there.
Do the ride.
Meet up at the top of Box Hill with someone who hasn't done the ride (I'm looking at you Adrian).
Get your legs ripped off on the ride back from BH.
Be unable to move for the two days which follow.

Simples
thumbsup.png

EDIT: Come to think of it... weren't you with us on the return trip from BH, Martin235?

I think you're thinking of two different rides User10571. I was on the return from Dell's Midhurst/Sussex ride that went up Box Hill in August (?). I rode home on my own from the top of BH after the Hilly 50 in March.

As a concerned citizen, I think I'll contact a few of the charities, and ask them how much they think they'll get in net funds raised from a rider.

I've had replies from most of the charities. They agreed the Moonriders web site was badly worded, but said the organisers were legitimate. :rolleyes:

It turns out the charities buy a number of places and pay a fixed price to the organisers, which varies according to how many places. Anything from £70-£95 per rider, and that would be the maximum deduction from your sponsorship, and of course the charity would get gift aid on the gross amount in addition.

I refer the honourable gentlemen to post #195 above

blogthingy revitalised http://fnrttc.blogspot.com/ and a lovely picture from Adrian for the Brighton page at http://fnrttc.blogsp...stinations.html

spent a little while messing around with Wordpress before going to the commercial alternative - http://fnrttc.my14daytrial.co.uk/# a work not so much in progress, more in waiting...........

Very nice.

The FNRttC is the original and best city centre to coast night ride.

That deserves one of these. :thumbsup:

frank9755

Cyclist
I've had replies from most of the charities. They agreed the Moonriders web site was badly worded, but said the organisers were legitimate. :rolleyes:

It turns out the charities buy a number of places and pay a fixed price to the organisers, which varies according to how many places. Anything from £70-£95 per rider, and that would be the maximum deduction from your sponsorship, and of course the charity would get gift aid on the gross amount in addition.

Well done, Adam, for doing the research. I find the economics of these things intriguing and had never quite understood the kick-back that an organiser gets from a charity ride. I now see why there are so many charity rides: they are actually much more lucrative for organisers than a simple commercial operation.

What then, does MR get per rider? Is it just that £70-95, or do they collect from the punter in addition? [goes away to look at the MR site] ... [comes back] Yes I guess they do get £59 registration fee as well. So about £140 per rider. If they got 240 riders last year that would be an event revenue of about £34k.

Obviously no-one is daft enough to just pay £140 straight off to ride to Brighton, so they need the charity tie-in to make it work. Fascinating!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Well done, Adam, for doing the research. I find the economics of these things intriguing and had never quite understood the kick-back that an organiser gets from a charity ride. I now see why there are so many charity rides: they are actually much more lucrative for organisers than a simple commercial operation.

What then, does MR get per rider? Is it just that £70-95, or do they collect from the punter in addition? [goes away to look at the MR site] ... [comes back] Yes I guess they do get £59 registration fee as well. So about £140 per rider. If they got 240 riders last year that would be an event revenue of about £34k.

Obviously no-one is daft enough to just pay £140 straight off to ride to Brighton, so they need the charity tie-in to make it work. Fascinating!
(looks at career options.....shakes head)

The actual firm behind it, Action Challenge UK Ltd, does seem to do a lot of things, after looking at their corporate web site. A quick check on Companies House shows their accounts are up to date, although one of the people Action Challenge state is a director, was removed a year ago. Which seems an odd omission not to correct on a company web site.

Not sure I can be bothered to waste £1 to get a copy of their company accounts to see how profitable they are. They're listed as a small company, so the turnover is below £6.5 million.

Top Bottom