FNRttC FNRttC Southend 15 March 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sagefly

Veteran
If its raining when I wake up to leave home I probably won't be there, if it starts raining after I leave home I will be.

Last edited:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I won't be there. I was to bring a nice single malt filled hip flask. If Tim H is out tell him I'll bring it next time. Enjoy.:okay:

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
25 or so riders at J31. Hand dryers still the best feature. Though they've now got power sockets with USB fast charge ports, which is nice.

Redlight

Indeed, as Tim says, it was a most enjoyable night out. Many thanks to Titus for leading us, for resisting the temptation - if it was ever there - to divert us via the Langdon Hills and to Tim and Greg for being such conscientious Tail Enders and helping with the various punctures and other glitches. (By the way, Greg, that pothole split the seam on my tube, which is why you couldn't re-inflate it!)

By the time we were enjoying breakfast the wind was getting very serious. Am I right in thinking that nobody rode back? Surely that has to be a first?

Here's my blog post - about this ride in particular and Friday's rides in general : https://robmcivor.wordpress.com/201...southend-how-i-learned-to-love-cycling-again/

Last edited:

rb58

Enigma
Indeed, as Tim says, it was a most enjoyable night out. Many thanks to Titus for leading us, for resisting the temptation - if it was ever there - to divert us via the Langdon Hills and to Tim and Greg for being such conscientious Tail Enders and helping with the various punctures and other glitches. (By the way, Greg, that pothole split the seam on my tube, which is why you couldn't re-inflate it!)

By the time we were enjoying breakfast the wind was getting very serious. Am I right in thinking that nobody rode back? Surely that has to be a first?

Here's my blog post - about this ride in particular and Friday's rides in general : https://robmcivor.wordpress.com/201...southend-how-i-learned-to-love-cycling-again/
Lovely write up @Redlight . Are you okay for me to reference this, and link to it, on The Fridays website?

Anyone got any photos?

sagefly

Veteran
Trickedem has a photo or 2 my meagre offering here

Attachments

• IMAG4986.jpg
    IMAG4986.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 21
  • IMAG4987.jpg
    IMAG4987.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMAG4984.jpg