FNRttC Superspeedy to Ramsgate 2nd March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
Do I need to be thinking about how to get back from Ramsgate already? Or is there a group save thingy that comes into play? I'm bit of a novice when it comes to getting the train back ^_^

martint235

Dog on a bike
Do I need to be thinking about how to get back from Ramsgate already? Or is there a group save thingy that comes into play? I'm bit of a novice when it comes to getting the train back ^_^
You mean you're not cycling back??? :eek:

Sketchley

Über Member
I need to get back to Sittingbourne, I'm thinking I'll either ride of get the train.

Groupsave does work on that route. Nationalrail are showing 4 x tickets for total of £42.40 to Charing Cross but it takes over 2 hours or a total of £72.40 to St Pancras on the high speed which takes 1h 16m. Cannot find any advanced tickets on either southeastern's website or the train line. In fact both those site don't even offer group save.

U

User10571

Unless I'm mistaken groupsave can only be bought on the day of travel.
Tickets with discount cards can be bought in advance.
If there's four of you Groupsave trumps a Network fail card - the former giving you 50% off, the latter only 33%.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Chris W
David R
Malcolm D
Titus H
Sandra S
Ross C
Chris B
Mike M
Susie F
Stuart A
Stuart G
Adrian C
Gordon P
Matthew W
Miranda S
John W
Martin T
User10571 B
Ian A
Thom F
Jenny M
Eddie C
Alberto S
Paul K
Andrew Bu
Damian MacN
John K
Lucy B
Bruce R

Simon, as discussed I hope you won't mind if I join the ride midway. What time are you expecting to get to Rochester?

Ess

Anyone travelling back via Stratford or Kings X? I would love to join in a groupsave. Cheers
Ess

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Anyone travelling back via Stratford or Kings X? I would love to join in a groupsave. Cheers
Ess
Gordon't from your part of the world - I'd ask at the cafe. I'll probably be going to St. Pancras

AlexB

Veteran
Simon,
In your opinion, would I be quick enough for this?
What sort of pace do you aim to set?

I'm completely OK if you say not quick enough, or we haven't ridden with you at pace, so we'd rather not!

Alex

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Simon,
In your opinion, would I be quick enough for this?
What sort of pace do you aim to set?

I'm completely OK if you say not quick enough, or we haven't ridden with you at pace, so we'd rather not!

Alex
you'll be fine

U

User10571

I was just toying with the idea of removing the Dinotte from the bike and substituting it with my trademark hypnotic Cateyes.
But I think I'll shove some juice in the batteries and leave it on there.
Which pretty much puts me in a TEC position, unless anyone is volunteering to have their retinas seared.

Top Bottom