FNRttC Superspeedy to Ramsgate 2nd March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
82 miles. Some medium-ish hills, Chatham Hill being the worst, although we're not doing it quite the way we did on the recce. Bits of main road, and an amble down a linear cycle park outside of Gravesend. The pace will be steady rather than quick but there will only be one splash and dash stop.

The last ten miles are pretty flat, with what should be splendid views toward the coast. The approach in to Ramsgate is a delight.

Experienced FNRttCers only please - and do please confirm you've read the basics, which have been updated

Chris W
David R
Malcolm D
Martin T
Titus H
Sandra S
Ross C
Chris B
Mike M
Susie F
Stuart A
Stuart G
User10571 B
Thom F

U

User10571

Time to stick m'neck out.
Me please.

Sketchley

Über Member
I was born in Chatham, makes me a Chav apparently.... Anyway Chatham Hill is evil. Mapmyride says it's 0.6 miles at 7.1% feels much steeper than that. http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/67041464/ Personally I'd go another way, but with LonJog coming up I guess I best get used to some hills.

Edit: It is much steeper, it hits 15%+ in places

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Chris W
David R
Malcolm D
Titus H
Sandra S
Ross C
Chris B
Mike M
Susie F
Stuart A
Stuart G
Adrian C
Gordon P
Matthew W
Jenny M
Miranda S
John W
Martin T
User10571 B
Ian A
Thom F
Bruce R
Holly M

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Any nasty bends or should we all be able to hit 40+ mph?
it's all up hill. We lose the height gradually in to Gillingham

Sketchley

Über Member
Any nasty bends or should we all be able to hit 40+ mph?

If you fancy turning round at the top and cycling down it you could easily hit 40mph on the way down. Not sure you would want to with the junction the way it is at the bottom and you would only have to ride up it again.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
sorry - I should explain. Chatham Hill is steep, but it gets the job done. It saves, in round terms, about a mile. And, once we're on top it's a straight road, although the traffic lights are a bit tedious. Miranda and others will remember going up in on a recce ride, but I reckon it's a bit easier approached from the new Chatham High Street.

Top Bottom