FNRttC Superspeedy to Ramsgate 2nd March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LucyBP

Thanks Simon for organizing the ride, it was great to be back out on a night ride and I actually enjoyed the fog although I am sure we missed some lovely views. I clocked 90 miles from home (and back home from LBG) so I think we were pretty spot on 83 for the ride itself.

User10571, Alberto should have a GPS of the route which, if he can get the computer to cooperate, he will post in the next day or two -- if someone else hasn't come along with one by then!

thom

____
Does anyone have a gps plot of the route pls?

I'm particularly interested in the section prior to the Medway towns.

Here you go - was just uploading..

thom

____
1750276 said:
Ah yes, those. They were wasted when he was riding at the back but better deployed when he was on way-marking duties so that they could be appreciated at speed once he was getting back to the front.

I quite enjoyed being at the back for a while actually. A nice place to have a chat and with the wheel swap with User10571 I was able to see the spinning light party for a bit too.
Unfotunately you can't see much of the patterns when you're riding them yourself but you do feel more visible to traffic funnily enough.
Next time I might try to put the two lights on the front wheel in sync with each other to try to fix the forward/backward wheel wobble you get.

Was it Asda or Lidl for the stop in Sittingbourne ? 85p for 6 hot cross buns ! They were pretty damn good at 5am.

U

User10571

I'm lovin' the rain-enforced post-ride rest that today's weather is affording me :thumbsup:

Wobblers

Euthermic
When I got into Marylebone Station, I had a chap come up to me offering help when I was making some last minute adjustments to the bike! This kind of set the tone of the whole ride - come to think of it I should have told him to come along to a future FNRttC, because it's this sort of attitude that makes the FNRttC so special.

It was nice to see familiar faces, bombing down a near deserted A2 was a novel experience (not to mention seeing someone getting pulled over by the police just in front of us) and breakfast was well worth the wait.

I quite enjoyed being at the back for a while actually. A nice place to have a chat and with the wheel swap with User10571 I was able to see the spinning light party for a bit too.
Unfotunately you can't see much of the patterns when you're riding them yourself but you do feel more visible to traffic funnily enough.
Next time I might try to put the two lights on the front wheel in sync with each other to try to fix the forward/backward wheel wobble you get.

Those lights were rather spectacular and most useful when waymarking, giving advance warning of the approaching TECs. Most times I didn't need the cry of "All up!".

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'd forgotten about the police chase - because that was what it was. The first police car was waiting for the wanted car and the second police car to arrive.

AlexB

Veteran
I had assumed they were going to pull us over to find out what the hell we were doing there. I have to admit that those sections were the least enjoyable of the ride - somewhat sphincter tightening at times.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Sphincter tightening was riding at the back as 30 people rode over the Bricklayer's Arms flyover. I've not felt that nervous for quite a while! :rolleyes:

martint235

Dog on a bike
Not since 'that' ride back from Whitstable next to three lanes of very fast traffic, huh?
Nah that was just the A2 at its best, unpleasant, fast but not particularly nervy. Well for me anyway..... :hello:

When are you next out on a FNRttC then?? It looks like there's a Whitstable on 1st June which would be about as perfect as perfect could be for some birthday drinkies too!!

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Nah that was just the A2 at its best, unpleasant, fast but not particularly nervy. Well for me anyway..... :hello:

When are you next out on a FNRttC then?? It looks like there's a Whitstable on 1st June which would be about as perfect as perfect could be for some birthday drinkies too!!

Ha! Maybe we should have looked around rather than tunnel vision and hoping for the best... all while an highways agency vehicle is following us.. for a few miles...

Then or Southend, the month before.. Just picked up yet another injury. I think I need to be put down and donate my thighs to science.

thom

____
Ha! Maybe we should have looked around rather than tunnel vision and hoping for the best... all while an highways agency vehicle is following us.. for a few miles...

Then or Southend, the month before.. Just picked up yet another injury. I think I need to be put down and donate my thighs to science.

What's it this time Davy ?

Top Bottom