FNRttC Superspeedy to Ramsgate 2nd March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

Good to see everybody. Special thanks to User10571 for organising the extra hills.

Hills? Oh fark off you lot! Hills with Spanish registered 44 tonne artics passing you at 60mph giving you elbow width? Is that what you want?:tongue:

Actually, TBF, once we'd returned to the artic infested road, I thought all of the artic overtaking was exemplary and well within the guidance of Rule 163.

Sorry 'bout the 'unexpected' hill:blush:.

Thanks all for a jolly night out.

Brekky gets a high score from me too:thumbsup:

thom

____
I thought brekkyy was good for choice, quality and price.

Always good to do the year opening fnrttc. Thanks Simon for organising.
A ride where we avoided spreading out even though there were one or two
faster flat parts.

With less low cloud, I think the morning countryside could have improved this a lot.
I'd definitely do it again but suggest a little later in the year.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I really enjoyed the ride. Even the extra hill wasn't too bad.

The breakfast itself was good, the organisation behind the table numbers less so but who cares. I left with a full stomach that's all I need to know. :hungry:

mmmmartin

Random geezer
I am hoping, in a calendar-thinking sort of way, that some photos were taken. But not in a Truprint-crap-website sort of way. More in a Red Bubble website calendar sort of way.

Sketchley

Über Member
Thanks everyone, good time had, even though i clearly lost the plot at the end. Breakfast was excellent one of the best had on a fnrttc, in fact only backup cafe in Bognor comes close. I've Slept for 16 hours since getting back.....

U

User10571

Boy! That was a heavy sleep!
I clocked 63 miles on that ride, according to my Cateye.
Is that down to the anger of the pylons?
Anyone care to put a more accurate figure to that pls.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Pleez to divulge the name of the brekky cafe so those of us who occasionally go to Ramsgate can tread, respectfully, in the footsteps of SuperSpeedy peeps.

Sketchley

Über Member
Boy! That was a heavy sleep!
I clocked 63 miles on that ride, according to my Cateye.
Is that down to the anger of the pylons?
Anyone care to put a more accurate figure to that pls.

I had 77 miles on garmin

U

User10571

1750204 said:
The stand-out feature of the breakfast was putting the beans in a ramekin so that you don't get baked bean sauce everywhere else.
Other stand-out features include the following: Good food, locally sourced ingredients, reasonably priced (£7.50 for their monster full english - lite variants thereof available, priced accordingly) , very can-do attitude from all the staff, comfortable, hard-to-leave surroundings, very choice tunes on the PA. View over masts in the marina. In-view bike locking facilities. Quite hard to fault the place really.
Ok, I've thought of something. Asthmatic hand dryer in the gents. I am from the air blade generation, and as such expect no less.

U

User10571

How have we gone this far in the ride autopsy with no mention of Thom's wheels-of-fire?

IMG_1770.JPG

I couldn't join the start in London, so after a couple of hours sleep I waited on Rochester Bridge for the ride to join me. Here is the peloton ably led by Simon as they swept over the bridge at speed.
The stop at Asda in Sittingbourne took a little longer than planned, so User10571 had a rest.
IMG_1773.JPG

I would echo the comments about the Miles Cafe, it was fabulous. After a very nice breakfast I rode home, rather slowly and the sun even broke out by the time I got to Medway.
http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/154675828

U

User10571

Does anyone have a gps plot of the route pls?

I'm particularly interested in the section prior to the Medway towns.

Top Bottom