FNRttC to Brighton March 9th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
very sensible, Martin. We all of us have specific aptitudes and weaknesses, and you would be best advised to take it easy when out with the big boys and girls, especially those who have developed their powernapping skills. A half of lemonade should suffice from now on!
I had noticed the powernapping going on but I can't really do that. If I fall asleep and don't get a good couple of hours, grumpy doesn't even come close (even by Adrian's well practised standards). I think it's back to the safety of the SMRbtH at least until Whitstable when I shall be celebrating mine and Kylie's birthdays.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
srw - depends who turns up - but not as superspeedy as Harwich (which is limited in size). Ask me again a couple of weeks beforehand.

For future reference, I also have spare bolts and bits of various sorts. I carry that saddlebag for a reason. I just wasn't close to the cleat event when it happened. Just thought I'd mention if, for some unlikely reason, Tim H isn't first on the scene...

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
srw - depends who turns up - but not as superspeedy as Harwich (which is limited in size). Ask me again a couple of weeks beforehand.
Ta. I do have a very natural bail-out point at about halfway.

Tim Hall

For future reference, I also have spare bolts and bits of various sorts. I carry that saddlebag for a reason. I just wasn't close to the cleat event when it happened. Just thought I'd mention if, for some unlikely reason, Tim H isn't first on the scene...

And we'd both be in the wings, if TimO was there. His mighty panniers probably carry a vice, lathe and assortment of steel bar. Turning a new bolt would be a matter of moments.

(an M5 tap would have been handy, as the threads on Isobel's shoe were banjaxed. As it was we used the rearmost set and slid the plate forwards)

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Nice to see everyone at the Madeira. Sittingduck, sorry for not saying hello, I just wasn't sure it was you.

Nice photos Mice!

Great seeing you Els. Cake was very much appreciated for the return leg. Sorry I didn't manage to quiz you on NZ. Brain had gone to sleep. :smile:

Oh, and nobody recognised Sittingduck. He's more of an Indian Runner now.

Andy.

Sketchley

Über Member
On the subject of power naps, managed a fine one on the way home. I can't even remember the train pulling out of Brighton but woke up just as it pulled in to Clapham. Happy to find a untouched unlocked bike still on the train.... next time I'm taking a lock or not travelling alone.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I almost had to arm wrestle him for the mech hanger. The speed and accuracy of Tim's decision making on cock-all sleep is astounding.

I never leave home without a spare pair of cleats either....

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Just a quick note to let you all know that the video is nearing 90% rendered. I'll shove it tubewards as soon as it finishes. It works quite a lot better than the flickbook. Shot at 30FPS, exported from QT at 1FPS. Imported to QT at 60FPS. Result is quite heavenly. :smile:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Just a quick note to let you all know that the video is nearing 90% rendered. I'll shove it tubewards as soon as it finishes. It works quite a lot better than the flickbook. Shot at 30FPS, exported from QT at 1FPS. Imported to QT at 60FPS. Result is quite heavenly. :smile:

90%??? You're such a tease.

Top Bottom