FNRttC FNRttC to Brighton - November 27th 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Wheeledweenie said:
Who was that mad guy in shorts on Friday by the way? Mad I tells ye maaaaaaaaaad.

Yep. Afraid so. He's one of mine. From the northern branch of the family too. Dan texted on the night to say he was 'adding layers' in response to advice received.

If added layers are shorts and trainers, I dread to think what he was aiming for originally. Presumably thongs and, well, a thong. :smile:

Hopefully we'll get him out for another one soon.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Wheeledweenie said:
Hmmmmm, I was worried for his... ahem... manhood.

I was too busy worrying about my own 'gentleman'. Not normally of impressive dimensions in everyday life, by the time I had to break for a pee-stop the poor chap was hiding like a frightened puppy somewhere near my pancreas.:biggrin:

Bollo said:
I was too busy worrying about my own 'gentleman'. Not normally of impressive dimensions in everyday life, by the time I had to break for a pee-stop the poor chap was hiding like a frightened puppy somewhere near my pancreas.:smile:

:biggrin: Ha ha! Know tha feeling well Paul..."The Original Wheeled weenie" :biggrin:

(PS You lot aren't half making a meal out of a bit of water and what have you...:biggrin:)

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
arallsopp said:
Yep. Afraid so. He's one of mine. From the northern branch of the family too. Dan texted on the night to say he was 'adding layers' in response to advice received.

If added layers are shorts and trainers, I dread to think what he was aiming for originally. Presumably thongs and, well, a thong. :biggrin:

Hopefully we'll get him out for another one soon.
what will he be wearing in July...

Origamist

Legendary Member
Aperitif said:
:smile: Ha ha! Know tha feeling well Paul..."The Original Wheeled weenie" :biggrin:

(PS You lot aren't half making a meal out of a bit of water and what have you...:biggrin:)

Said a man who left the country in order to avoid the last FNRttC of the year;)

redjedi

Über Member
And what happened to User. He cancelled the anniversary ride so he could attend this one.

I'm very disapointed I didn't get to cycle back and go up Box Hill :tongue:

TimO

Guru
Wheeledweenie said:
... I've never done a back to front before and now I know why! I was KNACKERED. ...

For future reference, when the ride is more or less stopped, such as in this situation, there's no point in absolutely hammering it, since a relaxed but moderate pace will get you there only a couple of minutes later, and preferably then only half dead!

It is a good thing to do though, since it makes sure that the waymarkers know things are still happening, and that they'll have to wait whilst mechanicals are sorted, so well done.
clap2.gif

Attachments

• clap2.gif
    clap2.gif
    914 bytes · Views: 38

beatleandrew

redjedi said:
I'm very disapointed I didn't get to cycle back and go up Box Hill :tongue:
I was rather looking forward to the ride back via Box Hill, until all that rain filled my shoes and gloves and started freezing my fingers and feet. After drying off at the Cabin, I started thinking about the return leg again only to realise shortly after that I hadn't really dryed off, merely shed a little excess moisture.

TimO

Guru
I believe this is the route we took on Friday.

I had to turn my Satmap Active 10 off around about where the B2114 meets the B2115 shortly before Cuckfield. I was searching for train bail out points [1] for the guy with the almost missing QR skewer end, and water managed to get into the controls (the rubber gasket has partially failed). I still had the IgotU GPS logger in my pannier, but due to it's small antenna, random orientation in my pannier, and a ten second sample rate, the quality of the tracks that it produces are very poor. I used it as a guide to hand add the final 17 miles onto the route, and together with Google imagery, I think I followed the rights bits of the cycle path around the A23.

Footnote [1]: For anyone who does ever need to bail out around there, it's a five mile walk to Haywards Heath!

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
TimO said:
For future reference, when the ride is more or less stopped, such as in this situation, there's no point in absolutely hammering it, since a relaxed but moderate pace will get you there only a couple of minutes later, and preferably then only half dead!

It is a good thing to do though, since it makes sure that the waymarkers know things are still happening, and that they'll have to wait whilst mechanicals are sorted, so well done.
clap2.gif

The sad thing was that I wasn't hammering it! :tongue:

I have renewed respect for the wayfinders, it's cold and lonely but essential.

Attachments

• clap2.gif
    clap2.gif
    914 bytes · Views: 31

Tim Hall

And what news of Jasper, the not so Meaty Confrere? Last seen at The Dragon, Colgate, steadfastly waymarking until we rolled up having fixed Redjedi's puncture. He then went in a westerly direction, deciding to ride home. To Bognor.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Wheeledweenie said:
I have renewed respect for the wayfinders, it's cold and lonely but essential.
Are you kidding? It's the best bit.

Well, there are a couple of junctions I'd like not to have to mark (anything that means I'm last to the cafe) but overtaking the pack is always fun

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
coruskate said:
Are you kidding? It's the best bit.

Well, there are a couple of junctions I'd like not to have to mark (anything that means I'm last to the cafe) but overtaking the pack is always fun

+1. I might not have done any this time, but on the previous couple of runs it was great fun. A (long) bit of standing around waiting for the TECs at one junction last time out, but the chase back to the group was terrific. And I did a fair bit of overtaking on the Southend run.

Top Bottom