FNRttC FNRttC to Newhaven, Dieppe and Paris 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Can't think of a better trip. But I'm already committed to being somewhere else for three days. But TBH even thinking about those great trips we had makes me feel all warm and happy. Remember the stay in the (almost ruined) chateau? Particularly the ride from the chateau on the last day, via the local restaurant where we stopped merely for politeness and well, i was with Gordon, and we had a final digestif or so, and it's downhill all the way to the ferry.😉 Happy days.
God i love the Fridays.

Trickedem

Guru
@rb58 @Trickedem I imagine would have no objections to you joining us on the ferry- and I doubt one more bike would bother DFDS.
EDIT: registration now open.

No objections to you joining us on the ferry. We have a group booking for 28 of us. So if DFDS accept your booking then you will be fine.

No objections to you joining us on the ferry. We have a group booking for 28 of us. So if DFDS accept your booking then you will be fine.

Thanks! Ferries booked, regn email received, Sat night in neufChateua-en-Bray (sp?) booked. Just train ticket to do (plan is to ride Newhaven-Oxon on Monday morning. Ferry docks at 5am, so I've got all day!)
It's not important, but is a precise route (and/or GPX) likely to be released/published? Otherwise I'll make my own, just so that I can chase the group down to the Scout Hut if train disasters ...

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Thanks! Ferries booked, regn email received, Sat night in neufChateua-en-Bray (sp?) booked. Just train ticket to do (plan is to ride Newhaven-Oxon on Monday morning. Ferry docks at 5am, so I've got all day!)
It's not important, but is a precise route (and/or GPX) likely to be released/published? Otherwise I'll make my own, just so that I can chase the group down to the Scout Hut if train disasters ...

No GPX will be made available (though a few trusted bods will have it, I've been one on occasion). Route will be the recent-canonical one: via Clapham Common, Mitcham, Farthing Downs.

Forecast for Sat/Sun en France now looking quite damp. I haven't looked for a good Metéo - websites that just show numbers aren't very good for this - but I'm hoping this will be brief thundery stuff, as I have time to just hide under shelter from that sort of thing! Hopefully your leisurely tour will be the same 🤞

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

Neufchâtel-en-Bray is the place. Just follow Avenue Verte or D1 to get there from Dieppe. Rides to / from PBP went that way in 2015 and 2019.

Top Bottom