FNRttC FNRttC to Whitstable 5th June 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

And whilst chatting with Grumpy Greg, after he apologised for being rude about the colour of my bike, it turns out our wives (only one each) work at the same school. Small world, innit.

Aperitif, he's a strong bloke. Ripped my legs to bits on the final dash across the marsh.

Chatted with all kinds of people.
Stood around while Pippa (?) fettled her front light.

A passerby at Victoria as we gathered to make our way to HPC wanted to know (1) where I got my Foska bones jacket from and (2) what we were doing. When I explained we were riding overnight to Whitstable she wanted to know where our tents were.

I think I shared a train back with Mistral, but I was very knackered and fell asleep almost as soon as the train pulled out. Back home by 11:15, couple of hours kip saw me ready to drive my sister to the airport.

Flat batteries in the camera meant I only took a few pictures. I'll post them up soon.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Tim Hall said:
And whilst chatting with Grumpy Greg, after he apologised for being rude about the colour of my bike

:smile: Lesson learnt. never judge the colour of a bike under sodium lights :biggrin:

anyway I'm just jealous :rolleyes:

Tim Hall

Only teasing Greg. No offence taken, honest.

Anyway, according my inability to pick a number out of a pattern of coloured dots, I'm colour blind so what do I know about nice colours?

Ah! GrumpyGreg homes into view...lovely bike...and I have just finished cleaning and reassembling my blue bike and I was thinking what a nice bike Tim Hall has - Magenta Mercian...indeed a lot of fine bikes. (It's Not About The Bike © Louis Armstrong)

Tim H - Magenta Mercian mounted just purrs along, no creaks and groans from his bike - in any case my joints in action drown out anyone else's :biggrin:
As for ripping legs off(you're kidding - we were chatting all the way into the wind) - just tag a long with benborp of this parish. It would be interesting to see Graceful Genesis Man side by side with Will O' the Beacon. One day ben is going to get gears!:rolleyes::angry:

Tynan

Veteran
racing snakes - that made me laugh out loud, I think Simon was both at the back TECing and being very polite and witty with that at the same time

the big chap with the spotty top was adamski? I thought it User10571, ah well, he seemed to find my poker faced scowl very amusing, right up to us seperating at Victoria, my scowl at the rain and not knowing which way to go bought one last beaming smile of amusement from him

cracking trip, as per, almost itching for the Dun Run now, and I'm really thinking about joing the local CC and becoming a real rider

gawd

adamski

Guru
Tynan said:
the big chap with the spotty top was adamski? I thought it User10571, ah well, he seemed to find my poker faced scowl very amusing, right up to us seperating at Victoria, my scowl at the rain and not knowing which way to go bought one last beaming smile of amusement from him
Yeah, I'm the one with the spotty Orange pertex top. User10571 was riding a Van Nicholas Ti bike. Photo of us both from the end of last years Dun Run here: http://www.peeble.com/dunrun8.jpg I take it you figured out how to get to London Bridge in the end? To be honest, I didn't really know which way to go, either, but just followed by nose.

Gazza

Origami?

Origamist said:
Welcome, Gazza. I think we had a chat in the Faversham area (although you're more likley to remember my Gatling gun-like freewheel - CLICK, CLICK, CLICK).

Greetings.. I was fascinated at the noise of your machine in coasting mode.. but as you rightly said it warns dozy pedestrians that your about to pass them.. I get that suicide episode so often in Lambeth each morning..(seems specific to the number of coffee and bacon roll shops in the area!).

Origami is a standing joke between Jane and I. I have a number of books now as people try to get my knowledge base up.. are you an expert?

Morning all. A message from our leader...
2ef6x6p.jpg

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Aperitif said:
FNRttC is dripping with bling

You're telling me. Someone even turned up with gold wheels. :biggrin:

Top photo by the way. The struggle for the perfect aero cycle helmet continues. I should imagine this one has good cooling.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Gazza said:
Origami is a standing joke between Jane and I. I have a number of books now as people try to get my knowledge base up.. are you an expert?

Nah, paper folding is difficult with my sausage fingers - I struggle folding an A4 letter into thirds.

Aperitif - there were certainly quite a few blinging machines on show - the Ti Condor was ethereal at dawn, the S-Works was a stealthy silhoutte of a bike, the Mercian oozed class and craftsmanship, and that Colnago bringing up the rear wasn't too shoddy either!

Top Bottom