FNRttC: Whitstable - 12 April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
And for the second FNRttC in a row I've gawn and put something in my diary on the Saturday. :sad: Have fun everyone

Redlight

Interesting little quirk on the Southeastern Rail web site if trying to buy advance tickets to get back. The trains go to Victoria and you can get an advance single for a £9.90. They stop at Bromley on the way - handy for us SE Londoners - but you can't buy an advance single to Bromley, you have to buy an off peak single, which costs £25.50. It will be interesting to see if I am prevented from leaving Bromley station when I get off with my £9.90 ticket to Victoria!

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Interesting little quirk on the Southeastern Rail web site if trying to buy advance tickets to get back. The trains go to Victoria and you can get an advance single for a £9.90. They stop at Bromley on the way - handy for us SE Londoners - but you can't buy an advance single to Bromley, you have to buy an off peak single, which costs £25.50. It will be interesting to see if I am prevented from leaving Bromley station when I get off with my £9.90 ticket to Victoria!

The ticket would not be valid for Bromley which is just crazy. If they have ticket gates there they won't open. Is there a smaller station without gates you could use and cycle from?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Knowing the staff at Bromley, it depends on who is manning the barriers. There's a good few decent staff on the gates but also a good few jobsworths who like to make peoples lives a misery.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Just shows how much of a joke our railways have become. I'm still reeling in shock at the price of a ticket to Heathrow on the Heathrow Express. Never mind, it will all be fine come the revolution.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Just shows how much of a joke our railways have become. I'm still reeling in shock at the price of a ticket to Heathrow on the Heathrow Express. Never mind, it will all be fine come the revolution.
Heathrow Express? You're paying for pure swank value. If you're caught with a Heathrow Express ticket after the revolution you'll be up against the wall. Get the Heathrow Connect with the plebs and it's much cheaper.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
If I put the Vittoria Randonneur tyres The Tank was shipped with back on it in prep for next week's "nice little ride" in place of the Gatorskin Hardshell will I die?

Top Bottom