FNRttC York to Hull 27th April 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Met Office (what I could wring from the horrible new website) supports precisely what dellzeqq says: Tailwind but rain for first half; crosswind but dry for the second. I've found their predictions (up to three days) accurate.
but you weren't on the Emsworth ride...........

they're all a bit of a joke. The Met Office changed its mind on the Emsworth ride at least twice.

Having had massive amounts of sleep, I am feeling surprisingly improved. Is it OK if I make a decision based on what sort of pace feels sensible on the commute tomorrow morning? To be fair, last year I did my first 100km audax, and got round comfortably in time, feeling rather worse than I do this evening. But I am acutely aware that I am very likely to be the slowest person on the list for this one - and there's a limit to how big a margin is reasonable!

I have also very much prioritised sleep over any thoughts of baking, so there's a distinct dearth of CrinklyCake for this one.

ETA
Half an hour, door to door, to site - about 6 annahalf pancake flat miles. I wasn't really pushing, it didn't feel like hard work apart from the bit where I hammered it because of the blind bends and the queue behind me.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
weather forecast still holding - it's tipping it down in South London, mind.

Susie has her new frame. Looks good. Very 30s bathing costume, with stripes and all...

Bit of mizzle and a glimmer of sunshine on the first bit of the route this morning. Massive puddles in places - some of which hide some nasty holes.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
[QUOTE 1824704, member: 10119"]Bit of mizzle and a glimmer of sunshine on the first bit of the route this morning. Massive puddles in places - some of which hide some nasty holes.[/quote]
the road down to Goole? I'll make the point that people should ride toward the centre of the road

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
it's the same thing - quite an unusual pattern of break-up. Stick six feet out from the edge and you'll be all right.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Susie has her new frame. Looks good
I wasn't aware she needed to go on a diet. How's her new bike, by the way?

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I'm just about to leave for my 7pm train and leaving more than enough time as I'm having a major anxiety attack at the thought of riding through town :itwillallbefine:

See you all later!

Top Bottom