FNRttC York to Hull 27th April 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
72 flat miles, leaving York Minster at midnight, running down to Goole, and then around the Isle of Axholme to the Bay Horse at Garthorpe for refreshments some time before dawn. Then it's over the River Trent, across to the mighty Humber Bridge and in to Hull, the City of Poets.

Brekky at Cafe Pasaz, and home. There's talk of riding back to London, but I'll be on the 10.30 train.

Send me an e-mail, please, and don't forget to confirm your mobile number, CTC/Fridays number, and that you've read and understood 'the basics'.

http://fnrttc.blogspot.com/p/basics_05.html
http://fnrttc.blogspot.com/p/fridays_06.html

Susie F
Nasir M
Martin T
Stuart A
Adrian C
Miranda S
Jenny M

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Pencil me in please Simon- not sure if I'll be able to make it for various reasons, but hopefully....

martint235

Dog on a bike
Please put me down for this.

We also need to discuss the 199 mile route you have from HPC to York as I'm planning on cycling to the start too. I do have a hotel booked in Hull though!

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
I want to do this ride as its been on my mind for a few months now, there and back too, but its all subject to clearance, no, not thigh clearance, but medical as my legs are just packing up on me so much its doing my walnuts in.

Am also very short on long distance miles right now too, whats another factor.

So for now, like a lot of the other rides going on, ill be watching it and my legs closely and will commit, or not later, if that's okay...

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Noooo! The DW legs not working? This will cause a Copernican shift in the FNR worldview. It cannot be true!:stop:

GWS Davy (look after the walnuts too:thumbsup: ).

Fraid so TMN... multiple issues that ill get over soon am sure, hence why am not on the coming up two FNR's.. but hey, CC & FNR's don't revolve around me.. but still, am missing you all and missing the Lantern Rouge... In the meantime, my legs are looking rather good from lots of stability strengthening movements.. :smile:

martint235

Dog on a bike
Thanks for the route Simon

loadz

Myself and her SWMBO are really fancying this,It will be our 1st night ride and were just wondering............
What sort of pace are we looking at?
On arriving in hull and being fed and watered.....whats the "norm" for getting back to our car/train in york?
How many riders(not that that matters)

I dare say like most your always a bit unsure at 1st's!! weve done the 70 odd mile northern rock cyclone and also the cumbrian christmas cracker and can do 60-80 mile jaunts comfortably but at our own pace(12-14 mph av'),but thats talking away to each other and not really caring about the time,more like wheres the next pub :smile:
any help/info as usual always appreciated!!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'm hoping for about forty riders. The pace is pretty moderate - last year we went down to Goole at precisely 13mph - there was a headwind, but we kept very close order, with those at the back getting a bit of a tow. Most people will train back - and it's best to book early. Don't drive home after the ride.

The link below takes you to the blogthingy which attempts to answer most of the questions I've been asked over the years.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
In the meantime, my legs are looking rather good from lots of stability strengthening movements.. :smile:
how good, Davy? This good?
tumblr_lthhtpWP1B1qacyk6o1_r1_500.jpg

Top Bottom