FNRttK 2015 - Saturday May 2nd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:stop:err same problem as last year..;:blush::blush:but as I only have 2 of them this is the last year I wimp out.

I am of course happy to do the lead out of Brussels again.

Els what are your thoughts about the route this year ?

Stu I guess this year you will make it to atomium:thumbsup: Let me know if you need a spot of route planning

wanda2010

Guru
I'd like to join this trip, if I may. Are there any spaces left Els?

wanda2010

Guru
Good. I'm going for Eurostar out and back as a 'treat/compensation' for not having enough holiday time left for The (not) Tour in September :cry:

Subject to bike spaces, I'll be on the 1452 to London but I'll probably get the 1904 out.

Update: Out on 1904 back on 1556 cos 1452 is fully booked.

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
:stop:err same problem as last year..;:blush::blush:but as I only have 2 of them this is the last year I wimp out.

I am of course happy to do the lead out of Brussels again.

Els what are your thoughts about the route this year ?

Stu I guess this year you will make it to atomium:thumbsup: Let me know if you need a spot of route planning
Thanks David. As I'll be back in town at the end of May (I had time off booked for the Fridays tour in Normandy, then Einstürzende Neubauten announced two shows at the AB the Wednesday and Thursday- didn't take long to decide to extend my European touring!), thought I might swing past and practice the route to my hotel (the Meininger on Quai de Hainault), which is also handily en route to the Atomium. Thinking a fifteen or sixteen mile loop will do nicely, round the ride up to an imperial century and plenty of time left for nosh. Suggestions for scenic and/or quiet options welcome.

[QUOTE="StuAff, post: 3517655, member: 5015Suggestions for scenic and/or quiet options welcome.[/QUOTE]

Unlikely to be "and" but the paths along the canals we be quiet enough

StuartG

slower but further
Made this into a mini-break Eurostaring going out with swmbo on May Day returning Sunday. Tickets still available @ £36 each way (£33 if you are senior enough). So its Brompton time again!

StuAff

Made this into a mini-break Eurostaring going out with swmbo on May Day returning Sunday. Tickets still available @ £36 each way (£33 if you are senior enough). So its Brompton time again!
Yes, but you have to pick your trains carefully to get those prices now, none at that price available for travel Saturday...and you didn't go for the 'any Belgian station option' for Sunday. You'd have saved more money that way, tsk tsk ;)

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Martin I hope will stay on for a couple of days - he has to be in London by Tuesday night.

This, in fact, is utter b@llocks. I have just checked the dates I'm back at work and this week is not one of them. I do need to be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for a 6am Saturday start of a 400k audax, but not at work that week. Silly me.

OP
OP
swarm_catcher
Oh my, it's in three weeks' time! Everybody ready?
@mmmmartin: which 400 are you doing BC or Severn Across? In other words, are we meeting for waffles in Brussels on 2nd May?
@AKA Bob: haven't heard so I take it you're not joining us.

Does anybody need anymore information?
For breakfast, I'll let Caruso know that we're coming with an ETA of 8-9AM.
Is there anybody in a rush that needs to be in Oostende by a particular hour?
I might be at the back of the field, because I haven't cycled more than 5km since September. But still, I am soooo looking forward to this.
Will PM my mobile number once numbers are confirmed.
  1. Swarm_Catcher
  2. @StuAff
  3. @Gordon P
  4. @Flandrienne
  5. Wanda
  6. @mmmmartin (TBC)
  7. @StuartG

Reminder: the gpx file is in the original post.

Last edited:

StuAff

Sounding like a compact and bijou ride.
@mllond dropped me a line about train times etc, don't know if she's let you know Els....?
@BalkanExpress I assume will still be joining us for the first stretch?

As #4 I'll be into Brussels at 1905, will pootle up to a certain landmark for the photo op I missed last year and get at least 13 miles in (thus knocking out May's imperial century nice and early). Is there a pre meet-up meet-up somewhere? Restaurant that serves Flandrian-sized portions would be good. :hungry: :hungry: Also as per #4 my train back from Brussels on Saturday isn't till 1452, so no rush to get to Ostend & time enough for that excellent breakfast and leisurely ride to the station.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Yup, still planning to ride, and to stay on with Gordon afterwards to ride the recce.
Travel plans are to train to Dover, ferry to Dunkirk, ride to de Panne, train to Brussels.
Happy to travel to Brussels with someone if this is their first time.

Top Bottom