focus vs cube vs planet x - help needed pls!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

trek also do a nice range of sloping top tube bikes. They have 2007 models at discounted prices around.
The Focus bikes offer amazing value indeed.
I went straight to my Felt F75 after not riding properly for years....it's a racing geometry and I like it. I can comfortably do 50+ miles.....
The sloping top tubes will most certainly add to the comfort though.
Even Specialized have discounted 2007 Roubaix models about and they are quality machines!!!

OP
OP
M

monkey magic

yes i did look at the bianchi too, looks great and the position is as important as the all important price.... not sure that i want to race all day everyday either. mmm, i better get do some test rides then!

walker

I would give two thumbs up for the PX, I've had mine for 6 months, its been racing this year and I'm seeing more and more this year. I would defo go for the px

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I would give two thumbs up for the PX, I've had mine for 6 months, its been racing this year and I'm seeing more and more this year. I would defo go for the px

Does that mean that the Planet X is aimed more at racing, ie its frame geometry gives a more 'aero' position than, say the Felt Z/Bianchi C2C series ? Is it comfortable to ride for 6 hrs ... or more ;) ?

got-to-get-fit

Dont bother with any of them.

Look in the Classifieds of this site and have a gander at Stevenb's Felt.

He bought it summer 2007 and its in pretty much showroom condition. It's RRP was somewhere over a grand and he is selling it for £500 its an absolute scorcher of a bike for the money.

If the frame size is right i would jump in and save yourself £500 on the others.

walker

scoosh said:
Does that mean that the Planet X is aimed more at racing, ie its frame geometry gives a more 'aero' position than, say the Felt Z/Bianchi C2C series ? Is it comfortable to ride for 6 hrs ... or more ;) ?

I would say its aimed at the racing market yes. I wouldn't say it's that areo tho, I can get lower on my Other bike which isn't so race orentated.

The longest I've spent in the saddle on this baby is only 4 hours, up to which it was comfortable and that was after a race day so the stress on my lower back would of been a little bit more imense than I am used to.

the bike itself is extremly light and I know it is lighter than the Focus as I've held them together.

walker

Dave5N said:
Ribble probably are in the top few for value. Trouble is your bike would have Ribble writen on it.

but made by Deda, and anyone who know's anything about bikes in passing would know that.

Tynan

Veteran
Dave5N said:
Condor are v. expensive.

Ribble probably are in the top few for value. Trouble is your bike would have Ribble writen on it.

are they? the fratello, for example, gets rave reviews and they can't make them fast enough, 5 week wait, and the price including a fit too, that was worth a lot to me for peace of mind, granted the more experienced riders can likely sort that themselves

I've had the Planet X for around a year now and I still love it. I've used it on 6hr+ sportives and it remained comfortable, probably because the good chaps at Planet X took my measurements and specced the bike accordingly.

I thought about the Focus Cayo too but I was swayed by the great reviews that PX get for customer service. I wasn't disappointed.

Top Bottom