Folder on a bus?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nethalus

punkypossum said:
Hi, just wondering what the regulations on folders on busses are. My friend tried to take her folded bike on an almost empty double decker bus today (operated by Preston Bus), the driver refused to let her on, even though both the buggy spaces and the luggage area at the front were empty. Five minutes later, a minibus (pretty full) operated by Stagecoach arrived and let her and the bike travel no problem. Can they refuse to take a folded folder? We strongly suspect she would have got on if the bike had been in a bin liner or something, i.e. not recognisable as a bike...

Lot of people don't realise a bus driver is fully within their rights to refuse travel to people if they belive they maybe drunk, have been previously banned, are causing a nuisance. Or they are carrying an item that maybe considered dangerous, ie cans of petrol, tins of paint or oversized bulky items that might fall over and injure other passengers. Perhaps the driver might have been worried that the bike, even though folded, might have caused a danger to other passengers. After all if anything happens on the bus it is the drivers responsiblity at the end of the day. Its the driver that gets dragged into the office and made to explain why a passenger was injured on their bus, not the person who casued the problem. And it's the driver who could ultimately lose their job. This driver was probably just playing safe.

Top Bottom