Folding bike? Is this one any good!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
BTWIN make some nice bikes. Its not going to be a Brompton or Tern. But it should do the job for a fraction of the price. Plus it is a lot less nickable than a Brompton.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Be fine if you don’t encounter any significance hills. Going to be quite heavy. Won’t be easy to move around folded. Integrated lights are a plus. Lifetime frame warranty as said, I think they may also 1 year on components too. Service from Decathlon is reputedly good.
Halfords also do a budget folder for cheaper but not so many features and hit and miss service.
You might also try looking on GumtreeUK for used. Many buy these on a whim and hardly use them so bargains to be had.

OP
OP
B

baby-boop-boops

Be fine if you don’t encounter any significance hills. Going to be quite heavy. Won’t be easy to move around folded. Integrated lights are a plus. Lifetime frame warranty as said, I think they may also 1 year on components too. Service from Decathlon is reputedly good.
Halfords also do a budget folder for cheaper but not so many features and hit and miss service.
You might also try looking on GumtreeUK for used. Many buy these on a whim and hardly use them so bargains to be had.

Thanks :okay: I shouldn't encounter too many hills for what I want it for. I wouldn't really be carrying it around just riding and putting it in car boot.

Tom...

Veteran
If your budget will stretch to it, just buy a used Brompton. The superior fold and residual value will more than make up for the initial outlay.

Petrichorwheels

If your budget will stretch to it, just buy a used Brompton. The superior fold and residual value will more than make up for the initial outlay.

though of course works both ways - the residual value holding means that there aren't a lot of second hand bargain brommies around.

edit - i see steve got there first with this bit of bromptomomics.

Top Bottom