Folding Bike Measurment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tjsc1

H All
Could someone help me out with the measurements of the folding bike!!
Used to own a Specialized Sirrus (small frame), which my daughter has now got, but not too sure about the folding bikes, do they have frame sizes?.
I am on the small side (4ft 11ins) with an inside leg measurement of 25 inches, but dont mind stretching!!.
Could someone tell me what size I should be looking at?? ie: frame/wheel size, smaller frame/20inch wheel or bigger frame and smaller 16 inch wheels??
Would appreciate any help/advice.

Happy New Year to one and all.

OP
OP
T

tjsc1

Add to above.........
I quite like the brompton m3l

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Dahon, Brompton, Tern et al are generally one-size-fits-all. Wheel size will make a difference to ride, handling and of course folded size, but not to how it fits you, or doesn't (the exception being bigger-wheeled bikes like 26" Dahon models). Tern (new brand by most of Dahon's former design team) have suggested rider height of 4ft 8 minimum, Dahon give the same figure. Brompton don't give that info, but I can't see one not fitting you.

OP
OP
T

tjsc1

Bromptonaut...........Thanks mate......more news like that makes me feel 'normal'
Tel

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
My daughter might be a tad shorter than that and also has no issues on a Brompton with M-type bars.

Mrs B also rides my L5 (m bars)while only a tad over 5 foot but very short in the leg dept.

The S-type, although originally pitched at those wanting a 'sporty' ride, is a better fit than an M for some female proportions. A participant in one of the Origami rides was singing it's praises on that basis and I've seen quite a few women riding them in C London.

Ariadne

Another short arse here - I ride a Brompton no problem, and I'm just under 4' 11''. Mine's an M-type and actually feels a bit sit-up-and-beg with the seat at the right height for me, but it's fine, I've ridden lots of miles on it.

StuartG

slower but further
Its the inside leg measurement that counts!
Mine is 32" (5'9" height) and I ride comfortably on the standard Brompton seat post fully extended. Taller/longer may benefit from the optional longer seatpost.

I guess you need to have metric legs to ride a Dahon ...

Top Bottom