following on from the proper cyclists thread… how many rules do you break?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
roolz is for foolz.

I don't pay any attenton to the velominati rules but I would like to offer a few of my own, eg.
Always use mudguards on your winter bike
Never wear socks higher than 2" above the ankle
Always use the correct Continental terms when talking about cycling
Never use American terms when talking about cycling
Always say hello to other cyclists

Have I missed any ?

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Have I missed any ?
Depends on your intent, helmets should always match the underpants you'll wear when you get out of the lycra?

I read The Rules when I first got back in to cycling and thought they were a bit of a fun piss take on people taking it too seriously, I've not gone back to them since. I'd imagine I break a lot more than I 'adhere' to (I wear a peaked downhill MTB helmet on a road bike breaking about 12 in one go!) and I only 'adhere' to any by accident. If I found someone actually following them then it'd probably be a good indicater that they weren't someone I'd enjoy riding with.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Ok....Whats the word for Nobber then? Nobbarista? Sounds quite apt for some people.
Nobberati

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I don't pay any attenton to the velominati rules but I would like to offer a few of my own, eg.
Always use mudguards on your winter bike
Never wear socks higher than 2" above the ankle
Always use the correct Continental terms when talking about cycling
Never use American terms when talking about cycling
Always say hello to other cyclists

Have I missed any ?
You mean, such as: 'bidon'? :giggle:
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/bidons.177276/

sackville d

Veteran
I saw a cyclist on the commute home a few weeks back with them. They really do look very smart and well made.
Did you say hello to him? Seriously tho, big initial outlay but will save a shed load in the long run.
A little fiddly to fit but a man of your caliber will have no problems.Here are mine.
DSCF4351.JPG

Top Bottom