Food and drink advice for med. - long rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
O

Omario7

Regular
150km in four weeks time and you're going to start training on Tuesday..?

Can I also ask - please - can you stop typing like a gangsta...? innit bro....
I cudnt train Durin this last mth thats y i'm startin now. Btw, hav u read anythin re: guns, gangs, drugs, or anything relatin to thug life, in any of my previous msgs? My style of writin is 'shorthand'. I use it as its quik and easy, esp. On my ifone. Pls accept my sincerest apologies if i'v unintentially offended u in any way ...bro...init

I cudnt train Durin this last mth thats y i'm startin now. Btw, hav u read anythin re: guns, gangs, drugs, or anything relatin to thug life, in any of my previous msgs? My style of writin is 'shorthand'. I use it as its quik and easy, esp. On my ifone. Pls accept my sincerest apologies if i'v unintentially offended u in any way ...bro...init

sorry, what..?

Hip Priest

Veteran
I usually have 750ml of water and 750ml of electrolyte drink. I have a swig of drink every 5 miles and a little something to eat every 10 miles (half a banana, half a flapjack, a handful of jelly sweets). Usually keeps the energy levels up. Everyone's different.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
For drinks it depends how much I sweat, in winter i barely need a water bottle on hot days like today i sweat a huge amount and usually take 1 bottle water 1 bottle high5 or similar and often need more. I dont bother with any special food, today I had sandwiches in the middle of my ride but on longer rides I usually keep a big bag of jelly babies in the saddlebag ready for their heads to be bitten off should I need energy.

OP
OP
O

Omario7

Regular
I usually have 750ml of water and 750ml of electrolyte drink. I have a swig of drink every 5 miles and a little something to eat every 10 miles (half a banana, half a flapjack, a handful of jelly sweets). Usually keeps the energy levels up. Everyone's different.
For drinks it depends how much I sweat, in winter i barely need a water bottle on hot days like today i sweat a huge amount and usually take 1 bottle water 1 bottle high5 or similar and often need more. I dont bother with any special food, today I had sandwiches in the middle of my ride but on longer rides I usually keep a big bag of jelly babies in the saddlebag ready for their heads to be bitten off should I need energy.
Thnx Mr Jamie

OP
OP
O

Omario7

Regular
Thnx HP...

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
This is a forum. Not a text message!!! You aren't limited to 130 characters here

vickster

Legendary Member

It might be 'quik' but it's hard to read if you are over 12 years of age :laugh: I expect you'd get more answers if you made the effort to write in full - doesn't an iPhone have predictive text or a spellcheck? :whistle: I presume you aren't expected to write properly at work...or school then? Or perhaps you are rather older and just taking the p***

Anything oats based is good - porridge before riding, flapjacks during, and jellybabies for sugar and because they are yummy. That sort of ride on no training, I think you may need more than oats however, especially if it's hot!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I always carry a Condom in case I'm gonna bonk on a ride ....

Regarding txt speak ... with respect, if you're expecting people to take time replying to you, please invest the time to write the question properly.

Top Bottom