Food -Cheap - East London!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Anyone any recommendations for a decent, sensibly priced place for an early evening meal in the Tower Hill / Wilton's / Whitechapel area?

Firestorm

Veteran
The Empress in Leman street is a damn good curry house. not cheap but not silly money either....

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Haz on Mincing Lane is good value - Turkish mezze and kebabs, and there are some meal deals which I think go on into the early evening.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
the bin outside Maccy D's...oh..hang on...that's not actually classified as food..it's industrial waste....

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
You'd have to be willing to travel a bit - Google reckons 20 or so mins by bus, probably a bit less if you cabbed it - but that would take you to a road with, over a couple of hundred metres or so, probably the best Vietnamese restaurants in the country. It's a bit like Chinatown, in that there must be seven or eight cheek by jowl, but you really can't go wrong. The food is superb (always assuming you like that sort of thing) and the prices very cheap.

upload_2017-3-29_23-36-36.png

The stretch of road I mean is just below (south of) Geffrye Museum. Any cabby would know it. Or just get to the Geffrye Museum, stay on the same footpath and head back toward the river (ie, look at the museum, wheel to your right, and walk) and within a minute you'll be passing tthe first one.

Get an Uber, ask the driver, they are pretty good normally.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
There's a fantastic pub near the Tower that do a steak and kidney pudding you'd die for.

I can't remember what it's called though.
Hung, Drawn and Quartered at the bottom of Eastcheap?

There aren't many traditional pubs in the area.

Top Bottom