food compromises

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

domtyler said:
Why do you buy Lard? Are you still living with your parents?

Lard has its uses. I keep some rendered down and sterile in a jar, there are some things its better for than other fats.

Most of the block lard for sale is terrible though, these days you have to render down pig fat yourself to get good quality. Theres a chap raising us a piggy, so we've got that pleasure to come some time in November :ohmy:

And lard makes great soap. Really.

<Goes into TV cook mode>

And here's my reworking of the old classic of garlic lard - garlic dripping. It's delicious to dip fried bread into as an accompniment to deep fried pizza.

Smeggers

I once had to substitute Champagne for Prosecco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you imagine my disgust? Needless to say, Jeeves was promptly fired orf.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

i can only assume i've got it left over from when I once must have attempted to make pastry. Can't think of any other reason I've got any. it only costs about 7 pence anyway for a breezeblock sized amount.

johnr said:
Making things up just to make him feel better is kind, but probably not the most helpful thing in the long run.

:ohmy:

They spread the lard out flat, smear garlic and herbs on it and then roll it up. Sort of like a Swiss Roll, except with lard, dill and garlic instead of sweet chocolate dough, cream and jam.

Top Bottom