Food In York

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Open Question #1

Does anyone know of a good Indian restaurant, reasonably near to 'The Barbican', in York?

Thanks in advance
I'm not too familiar with York, but I do know there is Akbar's on George Hudson St, which I think is quite close :okay:

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Steer clear of the Chinese banqueting place which was once the Spotted Cow. The council health guys have opened a small satellite office there.
Walk south to Fishergate via Fawcett St and Mirchiz is on your right. That’s good, and close.
Walk northish into Fossgate via Fishergate Bar, George St and Walmgate and Mumbai Lounge is better; maybe a ten min walk

Didn't get there
Wife was looking on website on way there, on A64, near Copmanthorpe, to find out it was cancelled

Things were amended (re; food), as we were taking daughter to her b/f, in Hull, then picking them up after concert

We left A64, at the Hull/Brid junction (A1079?), & went across to Market Weighton, found a pub there (Bay Horse??), & had a late tea
Out via Bishop Burton & bypassing Beverley to the section of Hull

Went back down through COttoningham to get back to the A63, near Humber Bridge
Closed Due To Road-Works

Followed diversion to next junction, still no access, & the diversion signs sent you back towards Hull

Back up the A1079, to Beverley...… past Bishop Burton, & onwards...:banghead:
At Shiptonthorpe, I headed down to Howden, & got on M62 there

(yes, I forgot about North Cave, but A63 may still have been closed?)

A long day, up at 03:30, back in house for 23:15

Up again, this AM. at 03:30......

You do lead a busy life.
Not compared to some

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
If you are ever in York again get a spice box from Rafis spicebox near monkgate . Cook your own curry with the chefs spices mmmmmmm

Top Bottom