Food Nostalgia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aint Skeered

Just taken delivery of a quarter of Gloucestershire Old Spot pig, with a couple of trotters thrown in (not Del & Rodney)
Anyway got chatting to a mate of mine about 'proper food' that we used to have.
And we both agreed that we miss the old foods, that now seem so unhealthy, that our grandparents ate well into there 80's and beyond.
Beef dripping, Suet pudding, to start the ball rolling perhaps

jam roly-poly :tongue:

domtyler

Über Member
One thing that we've had since my little one was born is full milk and real butter.
Just these two little things have cheered me no end. I had forgotten just how nice real butter is on a slice of fresh bread, and coffee with semi-skimmed? No thanks!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
TheDoctor said:
Arctic Roll. Loved it when I was a wee sprog.

Crackle said:
Can you still get it?

I don't know. I haven't seen it lately, but I try to avoid Iceland. I'd come out laden down with Brctic Rolls, Black Forest Gateau and crinkle-cut chips.;)

wafflycat

panhaggerty, or as we called it in Northumberland: panhakkerty

Layers of corned beef, onions, potatoes in a stock & cooked in the oven until the top layer of potatoes was all crispy & brown and the underlayers had cooked by absorbing all the stock.

wafflycat

Proper Greggs stottie cake. Can't get it down here in softie-southernerland: even in any Greggs's shops (but they are rare). Proper stottie cake is as big as a dinner plate, but thin and is *crusty*. I wonder if it still is like that in the NE?

Top Bottom