Food Nostalgia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Maz said:
After laying this bait, you must tell us where you are going.

Sorry, I though everyone knew. I'm going to work at Astrium, testing satellites. They're about a mile from my house:biggrin:, and I've wanted to work in space science since I saw the moon landings and Skylab when i was a wee small sproglet.

The extra money will be nice too, but I'd have taken it at half the salary they offered me. Really, I would.

NickM

Veteran
TheDoctor said:
...I'm going to work at Astrium, testing satellites...
He will be hitting them repeatedly with a large mallet to see whether they break.

Nice work, if you can get it.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
NickM said:
He will be hitting them repeatedly with a large mallet to see whether they break.

Nice work, if you can get it.

Heh-heh. Electrical and mechanical test. After all, if the solar panels don't work properly, you'd need a bloody long ladder to nip up and change the connector...

Arch

Married to Night Train
TheDoctor said:
Heh-heh. Electrical and mechanical test. After all, if the solar panels don't work properly, you'd need a bloody long ladder to nip up and change the connector...

And the call out charge is.... astronomical!:wacko:

papercorn2000

Mars bars. Remember them? I wish they still made 'em.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
domtyler said:
One thing that we've had since my little one was born is full milk and real butter.
Just these two little things have cheered me no end. I had forgotten just how nice real butter is on a slice of fresh bread, and coffee with semi-skimmed? No thanks!

Funny - same thing happened to me. Wee one was born and once she was a bit older and started drinking ordinary milk, we switched from semi-skimmed to full-fat milk and started using butter. Never looked back. As my Mum always says, "Would you like a bit of bread with your butter ?"

Mmmmmm :biggrin:

mondobongo

Über Member
Roasted lambs hearts, the really lean meat at the tip gradually giving way to the fattier meat at the wide section but really tasty.

Top Bottom