Food poisoning recovery?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I work with complete idiots who would like any excuse not to be at work so yes.
And you are choosing to go to work there despite being sick? :wacko:

To diagnose food poisoning you need to submit a specimen of the solid stuff to your GP (ok it may be liquid just now).
While you suspect you may have food poisoning you must take precautions to make sure you don't cause it to spread.
If it's bacterial infection the infectious agent is in the brown stuff so you need to make sure you thoroughly wash your hands hands after going. You also need to clean and disinfect the toilet, flush and door handles.
If you do a job that involves close contact with vulnerable groups or food you should not go back to work until you've been at least 48 hours symptom free. That means solid brown stuff.
If it's a viral infection the infectious agent can be any where it has become air borne.

vickster

Legendary Member
My boss hates it when people are sick. He sacks them asap usually.
I have a huge mortgage and family to look after.
Oh, is that legal?

I thought you were self employed for some reason...hard to sack yourself!

Denis99

Über Member
Difficult position to be in.

I have met some “managers” like this in the past, it’s not legal but the employment law is stacked in the employers favour.

Give him a ring, possibly with your HR department in on the call.

Explain that if you return to work you risk giving the food poisoning bug to quite a few people, including him.

He will have a bigger problem then, he will have to sack all the people off with food poisoning, might even include himself

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Oh, is that legal?

I thought you were self employed for some reason...hard to sack yourself!
I used to be. My home is also a nursery so technically I’d have to stay in the garage or risk infecting another place of work.

vickster

Legendary Member
Sounds like you should be quarantined on anthrax island!

Nursery as is children or plants. The forner you should definitely avoid, and the staff should be using infection control measures

Globalti

Legendary Member
My cousin is a GP, he went on a gastroenterology conference. Of a couple of hundred delegates about 40 incuding my cousin got severe food poisoning at the hotel and ended up in hospital on a drip!

Avoid hotel buffets, is my advice after 35 years of export travel.

Top Bottom