Football World Cup - Russia 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
37073084_1948392071879134_8244930198508666880_n.jpg

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Just as long as we remember what he is when we're giggling at his witticisms .

To be fair to him he's never shied away from admitting to his wrongs and talking candidly about it and his mental health issues. Doesn't excuse the act but he seems genuinely repentant.

What's happened to all the enthusiastic football fans of the past 2 weeks? :tongue:
They realised they were watching an average team, unable to score in open play, struggle to ride their luck through a tournament and stumbled the first team in the top 20 despite being 14 places below.

Average team. Average performance. Made to look better than they are.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
It occurred to me this morning that it's England vs Belgium again tomorrow. Are we playing our B teams again? If we lost then our win to loss ratio would be 4:3, or maybe 3:3 if you consider the penalty shoot-out a draw. It would take the gloss off losing to Belgium again. OTOH, it give Harry Kane another chance at the Golden Boot.

They realised they were watching an average team, unable to score in open play, struggle to ride their luck through a tournament and stumbled the first team in the top 20 despite being 14 places below.

I doubt it, glory no longer an option so back to the golf and tennis...

What's happened to all the enthusiastic football fans of the past 2 weeks? :tongue:

Still here. :hello: But getting ready for the league season. ;)

I won't be around for tomorrow's game folks - last minute change of plans, am now required to steward at the Eastern Counties cat show. :blush: Will be keeping an ear on the game on the radio on the way home, tho. xxx

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

Oi, get out of our thread. We are still here :okay:

PaulB

Legendary Member
I hope Manchester City are renegotiating Raheem Stirling's contract so that it reflects his actual abilities rather than the potential he will never achieve. Is £100 a week too much?

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Anyone else feeling despair for the once beautiful game?
Today, it seems the slightest touch causes a player to go down as shot by a distant sniper, roll about exaggeratedly for 30 secs, whilst handbags come out between opposing teams, The 'award a card' gesture is now replaced by a sign of 'VAR replay, please' . Players who earn thousands of pounds, euros etc lying on their backs after 80 mins suffering from cramp,...complaining about playing the occasional two games per week.
What happened to the days of Dave Mackay or 'Chopper' Harris going right through you, getting up after putting your false teeth back in then having a quick fag on the sidelines before looking for revenge...
It's all about getting your Nivea on and using Head and Shoulders...
The Champions League is a misnomer as the fourth placed team in some countries can qualify, ex-footballers commentating trotting out the same old tired cliches when they were just as guilty as not getting the ball on target or even making the goalkeeper work..
I watched the first televised game in Scotland last night, Killie vs St Midden (not a misspell) and it was dire..

Overpriced, overpaid and most of all, it's all overrated

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Whats the point in 3rd place playoffs?

I suppose getting to level the game score with Belgium is a reason. But generally, it seems a waste of time.

Top Bottom