Football World Cup - Russia 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tunisia are the top rated African team. They were made to look very ordinary by a good England side

Other countries will not look forward to playing us after that

IIRC we're ranked 14th, Tunisia 20th or something of that ilk...

Tunisia are the top rated African team. They were made to look very ordinary by a good England side

Other countries will not look forward to playing us after that
Agree. They were better organised than Panama from where I was sitting and will give Belgium a game for sure.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Is it just me that thinks it odd that if a player gets slightly nudged by another play, he acts as though he has been shot.
Yet if he scores a goal it is fine for 10 grown men to jump on top of him.

If they want to use those instant replay screens in the stadium. They should start screening the divers and fakers.

England were dismal. Again.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Is it just me that thinks it odd that if a player gets slightly nudged by another play, he acts as though he has been shot.

If they want to use those instant replay screens in the stadium. They should start screening the divers and fakers.

Agree for the scoring distance free kick and a penalty call..
It's the modern game unfortunately, you just cant touch them.
However judo is making a comeback in Tunisia it seems :laugh:

Dave 123

Legendary Member

Yes, the piling on top of the scoring player is idiotic. "Harry Kane, England hero injured with broken ribs and ruptured spleen. Out for 6 months!" isn't a good headline.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Yes, the piling on top of the scoring player is idiotic. "Harry Kane, England hero injured with broken ribs and ruptured spleen. Out for 6 months!" isn't a good headline.
I just wouldn't want to be at the bottom of this! I think if i was going to dive on the floor after scoring,i'd take a very deep breath first.:unsure:
4D6311D800000578-0-image-m-12_1529353086699.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not being a tv fan these days,i put the thing on just before a match kicks off then turn it off soon after it's ended. Can any of you remember the 70's when you could hire a colour tv for the world cup, then hand it back after the event had ended? I remember my mum and dad buying a colour tv for the 1974 world cup finals. That tv lasted right up to and beyond the 1990 finals. They don't make 'em like that anymore!:smile:

Top Bottom