Football World Cup - Russia 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Spain kit is white with blue flecks through it. I reckon it will look better in the fabric than on screen.

Belter of a match. CR7's free kick was absolutely incredible. Set's the group up nicely too, all about which of them puts more past Morocco and Iran now so should be a goal fest!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It looks like the "Before" picture on a Vanish advert, horrible colour.
I had the 1990 white England World Cup shirt. I washed it with a load including a pair of dark jeans. When it came out it was the same shade of 'white' as Spain's shirt last night. A very pale blue/grey. Spain's shirt just looks like a white item that's been ruined in the wash. Maybe it was washed with something else and they weren't letting on. Juventus sometimes wear a pink away shirt,as their red away ones (we're talking early 20th century) were put on a too hot a wash and ended up pink.

Serge

Über Member
I had the 1990 white England World Cup shirt. I washed it with a load including a pair of dark jeans. When it came out it was the same shade of 'white' as Spain's shirt last night. A very pale blue/grey. Spain's shirt just looks like a white item that's been ruined in the wash. Maybe it was washed with something else and they weren't letting on. Juventus sometimes wear a pink away shirt,as their red away ones (we're talking early 20th century) were put on a too hot a wash and ended up pink.
I did the same with my chef's whites last week, I inadvertently put one of my black aprons in with them. They're now the approximate shade of an old tramp's underpants.

AndyRM

XOXO

Have you been taking lessons in the history of football shirts from PaulB?

AndyRM

XOXO
I was going to ask who he was but i now remember he's the poster with the green Germany shirt tale. Are you saying that you're doubting my pink Juventus jersey FACT?!:biggrin:

Well, your "fact" is more accurate, but it's not true. Juve started out in pink, not red. It just faded over time, nothing to do with being washed too hot.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Well, your "fact" is more accurate, but it's not true. Juve started out in pink, not red. It just faded over time, nothing to do with being washed too hot.
Mmm,all we have to go off is what someone says or tells us. The Germany green shirt debate is easier to prove right or wrong as it would've been 'official' in why they did or didn't wear green to start with. You'd be good to find anything official about whether Juventus decided on pink,or chose red that then faded to pink.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
And no-one seems to have any sandpaper to hand, either.

Their national anthem made me laugh, esp. with regard to the shenanigans this winter in South Africa.

'Advance Australia Fair.' Yeah, right!
I've just heard Australia's cricketers are playing England in Cardiff,in drizzly conditions. I bet they're still wearing their sunblock though.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom