Footwear for commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
I have a pair of these Shimano PD MX80 pedals for commuting, but not sure best footwear for commuting. What you all using?

KneesUp

Guru
Converse and normal pedals :smile:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Giro chamber mid downhill boots. Mine take a 2 bolt cleat but Giro make some nice shoes for flat pedals too. :okay:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Flat spiked pedals with either boots (thought I had finished with them), or converses..... Though I did take my Birkenstocks one day hoping I would be wearing them on the way home....so far it hasn't reached the critical temperature to get my toes out!

Bodhbh

Guru
Silver Shadow trainers with toe clips & straps.

Christ, do they still make those? I've not had a pair since I was in athletics club at school in the 80s! On that note I sometimes commute in a pair of Dunlop Green Flash, but only in summer - they have nada insulation and being canvas aren't much use in the wet either.

On the subject, I use whatever trainers are too worn to use for anything else. With the tread worn off and a smooth sole they're ideal gripping the pedals.

classic33

Leg End Member
Christ, do they still make those? I've not had a pair since I was in athletics club at school in the 80s! On that note I sometimes commute in a pair of Dunlop Green Flash, but only in summer - they have nada insulation and being canvas aren't much use in the wet either.

On the subject, I use whatever trainers are too worn to use for anything else. With the tread worn off and a smooth sole they're ideal gripping the pedals.
Toe clips & straps!
They still make them, plenty out there still use them.

Running trainers for me.

I cycle to train station and leave my bike there. At the other end, I run from train station to work.

Top Bottom