For a change.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maylian

Veteran
Well, the run into work was a breeze, but i underestimated the run home!
Working, then running home with a rucksack full of dirty work clothes, then running up the bitch of a hill that was so nice to run down earlier in the day.
I slept well! LOL.

Where abouts do you work in Southampton? I run to work a few times depending on my shifts and do enjoy it. Not as exhilirating as blasting down the avenue at 40mph but makes me feel healthier. I'm starting training for London Marathon next year so will be out and about running soon, lycra once again is your friend!

OP
OP
Trevrev

Trevrev

Veteran
Where abouts do you work in Southampton? I run to work a few times depending on my shifts and do enjoy it. Not as exhilirating as blasting down the avenue at 40mph but makes me feel healthier. I'm starting training for London Marathon next year so will be out and about running soon, lycra once again is your friend!

I work in chandlers Ford, at Draper Tools.
I live in Southampton near the docks.

Maylian

Veteran
I work in chandlers Ford, at Draper Tools.
I live in Southampton near the docks.

I work for B&Q in Chandlers ford so think I go up the same hill, the pavement is a pain and cracked so rubbish when running in the dark. Thank god for the Moon 500 I use to guide me up it :smile:

OP
OP
Trevrev

Trevrev

Veteran
I work for B&Q in Chandlers ford so think I go up the same hill, the pavement is a pain and cracked so rubbish when running in the dark. Thank god for the Moon 500 I use to guide me up it :smile:
Yes, it's the hill that starts right outside The B&Q HQ. Although i thought you'd moved to a posh new building.
A couple of old school friends of mine work there too! How spooky....
Sorry, i'm assuming you work at the HQ. Or do you work at the store? :blush:

Maylian

Veteran
Yeah I work at the HQ but we have two currently, one at the bottom of that hill and then the shiny new one the other side of Asda, the rest of IT will be moving there soon.

Love cycling down that hill though, don't like the side wind crossing the motorway bridge however...

monnet

Guru
Run to work? No, no, no! Dawdle and procrastinate to work? Yes!

Of course, I'm not averse to running away home from work.

Actually, my knees aren't up to it so I'll stick to the bike, gets me away even quicker.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Running kept me OFF the bike for the first 3.5 months of this year. My reward? A right knee that's never been the same since (and which I really need to go and see a doc, physio or consultant about).

Funny thing is, even though I hated running when I was doing it (and I've hated the damage I've done to my knee), every few days now I have an itch to go out running. It's perverse. I know that if I give in and do it, I'll be off the bike for weeks as I hobble about like an arthritic old man...

Top Bottom