For all you newbies that need cheap stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have you noticed that the class of the shop staff matches the shop. If you go in Waitrose or M&S they are a bit posh and get a bit rough when you get down to Tesco but then are really a bit Vicky Pollard by the time you get to Wilkinsons.
BUT is it that the shop chooses the right staff for the shop or do the workers only apply to work in the shop they feel OK in?
Then I guess we do the same in choosing where we shop!

On the subject of cheap shops - whenever I go in PoundLand (with a big sign saying everything is a pound) somone always holds up an item and asks a member of staff "how much is this?".

CotterPin

Over The Hill said:
Have you noticed that the class of the shop staff matches the shop. If you go in Waitrose or M&S they are a bit posh and get a bit rough when you get down to Tesco but then are really a bit Vicky Pollard by the time you get to Wilkinsons.
BUT is it that the shop chooses the right staff for the shop or do the workers only apply to work in the shop they feel OK in?
Then I guess we do the same in choosing where we shop!

On the subject of cheap shops - whenever I go in PoundLand (with a big sign saying everything is a pound) somone always holds up an item and asks a member of staff "how much is this?".

I have a Morrisons and a Waitrose close to where I live. On payday I go to Waitrose, the rest of the month to Morrisons. :tongue: There is a definite change in staff and clientelle. Everything seems more relaxed and chilled in Waitrose. In Morrisons everyone is running around like headless chickens (no doubt trying the buying up the cheap stock of headless chickens ;))

PS - there's a Wilkos in Weymouth - is that south enough to be in the north?

Mortiroloboy

bonj said:
worksop is in notts you're right arch but only just ;)
interestingly wilko's head office and massive distribution centre is at worksop, I regularly drive past it on the A57, always a massive fleet of wilko's lorries there.
yes wilko's do sell cycling gear. However on more than one occasion i've been there i've been so impressed by the cheapness i've overlooked the fact they don't actually have the correct part - and just bought the nearest one, thinking it will do, only to find it actually won't do. e.g. bought some v-brake blocks from there, only to find they didn't fit, and a 27" inner tube, only to find it didn't fit. They thankfully refunded the inner tube, but not the brake blocks as i'd butchered them to try to make them fit but decided against using them in the end.

got one of their budget crudcatchers, 'bout as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

thumbs up to their tyre levers though - 75p for 3 compared to 2 or 3 quid on wiggle and never let me down! and water bottle, top comes off a bit easy but again, can't complain for 75p.

No, really I wonder why there are so many Wilkinson lorries at their HQ and MASSIVE distribution centre

Arch

Married to Night Train
Zoiders said:
Wilkos do backups for 3 squid or so, a white and a red together

They are as good - if not the same as the branded ones

Yeah, I've got those, only mine came from our local version, Boyes.

Lol. Nowt wrong with Wilko's - it's where the smart people spend their hard earned cash on the same stuff the mugs pay three times as much for!

I'm defo gonna check out their cycling gear - thanks for the tip.:sad:

lukesdad

Get most of my bike gear on the net, evrything else from wilkos lbs is pants. M&s and waitrose staff are as thick as the rest.

rusky

CC Addict
They have them down south too, along with real ale rather than the shandy they drink oop north:laugh:

Top Bottom