For Beginners - What is the single most helpful advice or change made?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Despite your inner child screaming at you otherwise; do not ride through puddles
No ... Ride through puddles, feet in the air, and smiling:whistle:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
up until my mid twenties, i used to hitch hike a lot. One of my more frequent hitches was from Lancaster to Waterfoot, about 45 miles. It'd take me anything between an hour to about six hours, but on average, about two or three hours. Anyhoo... one day i got picked up by a bloke who was a keen cyclist who (after hearing about my frequent hitching woes) informed me that a young lad like me could easily cycle the 45 miles... I wasn't so sure since i figured bikes were only good for about 10 miles max, but he was convincing so i tried it... i haven't looked back since, or stuck my thumb out. :okay:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Related: ride "a door and a bit more" away from parked/stopped cars, else realise the risk.

that's true as well

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
No ... Ride through puddles, feet in the air, and smiling:whistle:
Aye, but I've got a rusted hub ... again!
Anyway, I would tell them: it's good to go on a bikability course, but beware of the crazy instructor that wants you to cycle through a 4 lane roundabout in rush hour when there's a perfectly good cycle path crossing just further along!

Top Bottom