For pity's sake.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfromotley

Jeezus that is F*$KING TERRIBLE!!!! - Lunch with DAVYO.

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Lunch with Dayvo was very enjoyable and certainly made up for this mornings agro.:smile:
I had an English Breakfast Pizza!:blush:

Dropped in to my local Police station, made a report and gave a pretty comprehensive description of the WVM. They were sympathetic but needless to say, none too optimistic about catching up with the nutter.

Again, thank you all for your words of support it means a lot to be able to let off steam in company that understands the situation.

FWIW, As I did today I would always put my bike between myself and a possible assailant, if need be you can drop/throw it front of them stalling any advance and hopefully barking their shins in the process.:biggrin:

BTW, I've only had to do this once in twenty years of cycling.

Thanks again.

al78

Guru
tdr1nka said:
FWIW, As I did today I would always put my bike between myself and a possible assailant, if need be you can drop/throw it front of them stalling any advance and hopefully barking their shins in the process.:biggrin:

Problem with this is that they might vent their anger on your bike instead and trash it.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your incident, just remember that this sort of thing is extremely rare and most motorists are pretty reasonable people.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What is really scary about this. Having met tdr1nka, he's certainly no pushover. The bloke must have been seriously unhinged.

Origamist

Legendary Member
ianrauk said:
What is really scary about this. Having met tdr1nka, he's certainly no pushover. The bloke must have been seriously unhinged.

tdr1nka is a tea slurping, biscuit munching, old softie. Seriously though, an iron bar gives you a distinct advantage in H2H situations...

Crankarm

Guru
Sounds like tdrinka could do with a strong black coffee after meeting that nutter.

It would have been nice though if you could have had at that moment a bare 240v lead to make contact with his iron bar. I know it's highly improbable but the thought is satisfying :biggrin:. Like the scene where James Bond (Roger Moore) fighting with Jaws (Richard Kiel) in the train carriage, grabs a light and manages to touch the bare live lead on Jaw's teeth :biggrin:.

Keith Oates

Janner
tdrinka, I've only just seen this but it is indeed very worrying to know that such people are loose on the roads. It really is a pity you didn't get his car details but fully understandable in the circumstances.!!!!!!!!!!

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
'Kin ell' Tdr1nka, I did'nt realise this was going on on Friday!!!!

It's tense out there on the roads at the moment a lot of stressed people around, but carrying a metal bar is complete lunacy!!! I know how it is in the heat of the moment, you did well to escape the situation in one piece.

It makes me think of the scene in Crocodile Dundee, when he says that's not a knife 'this is a knife', if only life was more like the movies sometimes!!!

Top Bottom