For the man who has everything.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have read that it was only one Lightning that could catch her in a tail chase

but then Concorde was Awesome and the Lightning was probably the best Interceptor of its time

I sort of remember seeing one a few times when I was a kid - I remember the ground shaking
and car alarms going off

and how my parents loved the Lightning and Vulcan etc

tyred

Legendary Member
I'm sure I could get it running with a spray of WD40 and whack with a lump hammer.

I could tie it to the roof rack and win a few traffic light grand prix :okay:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Make offer
Your offer (does not include postage or VAT):
£5

Your offer expires in:
Your offer expires in:1 day
Add message to seller

Review offer

Buy it now:
£678,000.00(£565,000.00 + £113,000.00 VAT)

Just offered a fiver for it. I hope i don't end up having to accept it! :unsure:

Having said that,i do need a new kitchen bar stool. Maybe if i do end up with it i could knock one up out of the pile of junk.🤔

Last edited:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Make offer
Your offer (does not include postage or VAT):
£5

Your offer expires in:
Your offer expires in:1 day
Add message to seller

Review offer

Buy it now:
£678,000.00(£565,000.00 + £113,000.00 VAT)

Just offered a fiver for it. I hope i don't end up having to accept it! :unsure:

Having said that,i do need a new kitchen bar stool. Maybe if i do end up with it i could knock one up out of the pole of junk.🤔
Well if your neighbour below doesn't like you for whatever reason. They'll absolutely love you when you stick a Concorde jet engine outside their front door... :laugh:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
condition:
Used

“Not able to fly but perfect to dismantle and repurpose into collectable pieces of furniture or art”

Price:
£678,000.00

£678 grand for something that doesn't work:ohmy:, but you can turn it into er furniture!! :rolleyes:

Oh well,worth every penny then!! :rolleyes:
By 'not able to fly', I think they mean that it's uncertificated.
The paperwork says that it actually has zero hours on it.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Seeing as this is a fleabay related thread, what do you reckon to this? 🤔

1627770735243.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154500025096?hash=item23f8eb4b08:g:JigAAOSwPkFgzzE2

My mum and dad's 1956 wedding present Smiths Enfield clock i have is in need or repair. I took it into a watch/clock menders today asking how much it'd be to repair it. They said they don't know till they take it apart,but it could be around £100 :ohmy:. Yes,i know it has lots of sentimental value,but if my dad was here he'd say "don't bother lad, save your money"! I'd still keep it, but it just wouldn't run.

Last edited:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady

View attachment 601979

My mum and dad's 1956 wedding present Smiths Enfield clock i have is in need or repair. I took it into a watch/clock menders today asking how much it'd be to repair it. They said they don't know till they take it apart,but it could be around £100 :ohmy:. Yes,i know it has lots of sentimental value,but if my dad was here he'd say "don't bother lad, save your money"! I'd still keep it, but it just wouldn't run.
There is a grandmother clock in my family that is going to be passed on to me. It was a wedding present in the late 1800's from the old family in Austria. It is getting harder to find people that can actually service it. When it comes to me one day, i will do my utmost to ensure it works correctly, but like you, i doubt any of my ancestors would encourage me to fix it, being the frugal minded people they were, but then i think personally, i would want as long as it doesn't require a bleeding fortune to fix as it is something tangible that connects me with my family...

Perhaps im a sentimental fool! :laugh:

Tenkaykev

Guru

View attachment 601979

You could replace the mechanism with a quartz one. They’re Inexpensive. Some even “ listen” for the daily wireless time signal and correct themselves.

Top Bottom