For those of us of a certain vintage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Confession time is it? I too have seen Rick Wakeman in concert. He was wearing a cape. That's all I remember about it, other than the fact that it was so bad it was almost so-bad-it's-good. But only almost. It was just really bad.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
The main thing I remember is a devastating number of keyboards - maybe about a dozen or more.
He made Keith Emerson look the very model of self-restraint.

OP
OP
Chromatic

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Oh WoW:bravo:
I still play all of my Rick Wakeman records/tapes/CDs :smile:

I was wondering if you'd be along sometime numbnuts, I knew it would be just up your street. I must admit I haven't played any Yes or Rick Wakemen stuff for quite a long while but I shall dig it out and relive my youth. And I shall be going along to the gig.
As to the rest of you (except Aperitif by the look of it, and possibly Linford), heathens, the lot of you!:biggrin:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I was more interested in the Roger Dean artwork on the covers, especially when I discovered that he was heavily influenced by Scottish landscapes like Rannoch Moor.

FlightsOfIcarus600.jpg

OP
OP
Chromatic

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Yes are shit.
c'mon tbm, stop prevaricating.^_^

Rezillo

TwoSheds
I like early Yes albums. Well, up to Close To The Edge; it was all downhill after that. After reading this thread at lunchtime, I've just been outside painting the house while singing various Yes oldies.

I thought Rick Wakeman had a fairly objective eye nowadays on his time at Yes and his solo career, putting some of the pretentiousness into perspective. However, Myths and Legends (and Journey to the Centre of the Earth) are beyond redemption. The only decent thing about the former is the 'so bad its good' lyric I quoted earlier.

He lives a few miles up the road - I'd better not bike past in my Cyclechat shirt for a while if he starts googling opinion.

John

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
1974... front room...
Mum: Who's playing?
Me: No
Mum: Pardon?
No, Not The Who.
Mum: What?
Me: No not them either...
Mum: Stop messing about, who's that playing?
Me: Yes.
Mum: Oh, shut up.

Top Bottom