For those of us of a certain vintage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Been to see him with some other old bloke [can't remember who] - he was funny but very bitter.

[edit: It was in 2011 ....Jon Anderson!]

I went to a Wakeman/Anderson gig in Leeds. It was very entertaining but I thought that Jon Anderson was a bit weird.

I have a lot of the early Yes material on vinyl and can't wait to recommision my sound system with it when my wife gets around to replacing the shelving that she decided was ungainly and had to go.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
"Mr Wakeman said fans of his music have been asking "for years" when King Arthur would be performed again."

What, *both* of them?

Yeah and my mate says stop dissing Rick or else....

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm 43, just old enough to own Tales From Topographic Oceans, to remember Roger Deans album art, and to enjoy Rick Wakeman unintentionally insulting every country, race, religion and public figure on his Planet Rock show.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
tbm doth protest too much, methinks

C'mon, you can admit you like them, you're amongst friends here and there is no shame in it.:thumbsup:

Chromey, I've liked some rubbish in my time and some would say that most of what I listen to now is crape of the highest order but, although low, I do have standards and I'm afraid Yes fall well below.

OP
OP
Chromatic

Chromatic

Legendary Member
some would say that most of what I listen to now is crape of the highest order

You and me both, I've had years and years of such reaction when people who've asked about what I like to listen to get to find out.
I still do retain a soft spot for Yes though, which has endured from my youth. Quite a lot of it, from their heyday, which was just before my musical taste changed a bit, is good stuff.

PS
I take it you won't be coming along to watch old Rick?:biggrin:

Top Bottom