Forced to cook - AGAIN!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
This would be my take on it. French bread, cut at an angle. Toast on one side, top with brie, shred the beetroot, roll in olive oil, and blast under the grill.
Je ne sais quoi?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Not that that was so supposed to be anything special, or deserve praise! (I want to make that clear before I suffer the wrath of TMN!)
Some of us go on with it as a matter of fact, eh, Colin, but would we bother with such fancy stuff only to feed ourselves?
Taking on board the sprouts puree, @Patrick Stevens, won't consider Earl Grey xx( in my gravy, the pinapple dessert sounds good, shame I don't like pinapple or I would give it a bash.
Well done :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
Je ne sais quoi?
Some of us go on with it as a matter of fact, eh, Colin, but would we bother with such fancy stuff only to feed ourselves?
Taking on board the sprouts puree, @Patrick Stevens, won't consider Earl Grey xx( in my gravy, the pinapple dessert sounds good, shame I don't like pinapple or I would give it a bash.
Well done :thumbsup:

Earl Grey gives a light aromatic lift that goes well with decent pork. The pineapple dessert was one of those non recipe jobbies where you just have a look in the cupboard. Extremely simple and delicious.

(In the meantime theclaud is on her hands and knees with a Guardian Reader's Special Offer head torch out on the Swansea mud flats, slurping up razor clams with the George Monbiot "Slurpper." available at Waitrose and Fortnums - servants version only. Cook the clam "foot" in Felinfoel organic lager with laverbread croquettes fried in wild boar fat from the Forest of Dean)

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I'm beginning to suspect that Patrick's "cooking" is actually an elaborate fantasy. He actually buys all his food in tins from a dusty shop on the high street and heats it up on a one-ring burner - or else gets it from the local Chinese chippy.

The pork was actually luncheon meat, the pineapple came in chunks in syrup and the sprouts were beansprouts left over from Saturday night's takeaway.

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist

Is he interested in contrasting foams - artichoke lends itself to different colourings? A white foam and a green foam would be interesting.

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
I'm beginning to suspect that Patrick's "cooking" is actually an elaborate fantasy. He actually buys all his food in tins from a dusty shop on the high street and heats it up on a one-ring burner - or else gets it from the local Chinese chippy.

The pork was actually luncheon meat, the pineapple came in chunks in syrup and the sprouts were beansprouts left over from Saturday night's takeaway.

When I was a student, then yes - I even curried luncheon meat once. But only once. The pork is from the excellent Gwyn Davies in Llangollen. It's a tad lighter than the Gloucester Old Spot from Chirk, but still first rate. The pineapple was fresh - Mrs. S saw the sticker and was like a striking cobra. I suspect that if George Monbiot, Jack Monro and I sat down for a meal, it would be a cracking evening. George and crayfish is one of the best things I've ever read.

Top Bottom