Ford Fiesta

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Just being reading that the Ford Fiesta is to be discontinued, its been around for a long time, we have had two in the family,

I had a Mk 3 XR2i in red, a nice nippy car.

Mrs Venod had a Mk 7 in Silver a Zetec (I think) one of her favourite cars.

No trouble with either, only thing I remember somebody tail ended the wife's, but it was fine when repaired.

Whats your experience with the Ford Fiesta, good or bad.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
I had a MK1 Fiesta in the early 90s - a 'Festival' model, white with brown and orange stripes, like this one (picture downloaded from t'internet).

Broke down all the time, but I loved it. ^_^

AEY3voxyeW.jpg

gbb

Legendary Member
Never been a Ford mam but my son had a Mk1, awful car, rusty, basic, nothing special about it at all.
I did read some time ago, the financial squeeze, covid, shortage of chips has seen car manufacturers buck the trend by reducing their variants of models thereby increasing prices...and we could see the budget models disappearing altogether, low profit, why bother making low profit models..this may be exactly what's happening with the Fiesta.

figbat

Slippery scientist
The very first hire car I ever drove on business was a Fiesta XR2i - spanking new 1993 model in silver; I’d only been working a few months and was 21 - I was in 7th heaven as my own car was a 1982 Cortina.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Owned a couple both XR2's the first being an ex demo white one reg no A258 HEL the other was a brand new one but can't remember the reg of the second one .

Both good little roller skates

Mum had one of the early ones (R reg). Delivered just before my 21st. The day of my party there was a BIG notice across the windscreen, “Happy 21st, Ian! This is NOT your present!”

It was a good car, never let her down. We bought one a few years later (X reg) for first Mrs Optic, which was never as good

Brandane

Legendary Member
Passed my test in a Fiesta in 1986. Still remember the reg., B108 OPE.
Was never tempted to buy one, or any other Ford. Always preferred Vauxhalls back then.

The first car that I owned was a Fiesta

TKA 133T

Great nippy little 1.1 Popular Plus - in beige
mechanically it was great

Rust wise - not so great
I reckon the front passenger side wing - hmmmmm
I think the headlight surround was totally moulded out of filler

I probably spent as much on spray paint trying to keep it looking good (OK good ish) as I did on petrol!!!

still loved it!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I had a pearl white XR2 in the early 1990's, A British racing green one and a red one in the late 1990's (can't remember the engine sizes or models), then a basic (think it was a 1.2 engine) Fiesta that was my parents, about 20 years ago.

midlife

Guru
I read that the fiesta was going along with the focus. No plans to electrify either and small SUVs taking over. Puma is going to be the cheaper market electric jobb in the UK when the time comes apparently.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I had a MK1 1.1L. Cracking little car. Took me all over the place. Easy and cheap to fix. Affectionately known as the FTU (funk transportation unit). Scrapped it in the end, rusty and the hand brake snapping off when I pulled it on, on a steep hill in Sheffield was the final straw. ^_^

Top Bottom