Ford Fiesta

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Me too had 4 iirc.
1.4xs returned to garage with oil leak.
1.0 gutless
1.8d dull
1.8dt. - that was a hoot..

My diesel was a TD, could that shift. Tried the 206 but could not get on with the clutch pedal position so then had a Punto which had a nice foot rest position. Mistakenly changed it for the updated model without a proper test run and the clutch pedal position issue existed on that. Then had an Ibiza followed by a Corsa before the Fiesta. I use to change the car every 3-4 years but the Corsa lasted six and the Fiesta do far nine. Both Puntos started rusting on the roof:ohmy:

Last edited:

Svendo

Guru
My first car was a 1982 Y Reg Mk1 Fiesta with the 1l (actually 957cc) in Dark Blue ( I think midnight blue) in 1990. Starter Motor needed occasional bash to make contact, and I blew a cylinder driving from Chester to Kent trying to catch up with some girls who’d waved as they overtook on the M6.
That made it VERY slow on the way home! Sold sometime later for £50.
It was already underpowered but did it’s job of granting me independant travel to university, raves etc. for over a couple of years.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
41 years ago I found myself as a passenger on the back seat of a Ford Fiesta with 2 young Spanish ladies. I couldn’t speak with either of them because I didn’t speak Spanish and they didn’t speak English, but one of them turned out to be the future Mrs JtB. We’ve been happily married now for nearly 39 years.

PS. That was definitely the first and possibly the last time I’ve been in a Ford Fiesta.

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
The seal around the drivers door opening started fraying and I ordered a replacement from Ford only to find it was the one that fitted on the door itself
They said they would refund within 10 days of its receipt back but that passed ages ago and it looks like becoming an official PayPal complaint next week.
Lodged the official complaint last night and Ford have now coughed up along with an emailed apology.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
41 years ago I found myself as a passenger on the back seat of a Ford Fiesta with 2 young Spanish ladies. I couldn’t speak with either of them because I didn’t speak Spanish and they didn’t speak English, but one of them turned out to be the future Mrs JtB. We’ve been happily married now for nearly 39 years.

PS. That was definitely the first and possibly the last time I’ve been in a Ford Fiesta.

excellent. I assume you have sorted out the language issue by now!

Reactions: JtB

Good planning!!!
If you can;t speak the same language then you can;t understand when she 'asks' you to do something
or when she explains why what you did was wrong.

Although I do wonder what communication method you used to 'get to know her'

probably best if you don't answer that last bit!
^_^

Reactions: JtB
Top Bottom