Ford Fiesta

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I learnt to drive in a G reg Mk3 fiesta in 1993, it was a diesel too so it took some time getting up to speed. I remember the day it exceeded 50mph on a dual carriageway... :dry:

DRM

Guru
I learnt to drive in a G reg Mk3 fiesta in 1993, it was a diesel too so it took some time getting up to speed. I remember the day it exceeded 50mph on a dual carriageway... :dry:

Blimey it must have been absolutely knackered, I’ve had two 1.6 diesel fiesta vans, the face lifted mk1 version, one a C reg, the other an E reg both would easily do in excess of 85 mph comfortably, and could fly up West Hill up towards Walkington near Beverley keeping at 60 mph, both were naturally aspirated engines too

gbb

Legendary Member
Blimey it must have been absolutely knackered, I’ve had two 1.6 diesel fiesta vans, the face lifted mk1 version, one a C reg, the other an E reg both would easily do in excess of 85 mph comfortably, and could fly up West Hill up towards Walkington near Beverley keeping at 60 mph, both were naturally aspirated engines too

Driven up that hill a good few times years ago,,, it certainly took it out of my petrol cars :tongue: (Mind they were nothing special)

DRM

Guru
Driven up that hill a good few times years ago,,, it certainly took it out of my petrol cars :tongue: (Mind they were nothing special)

Got tailgated up there by a bloke in a Cavalier in the E reg van, unbeknown to this idiot the Police were doing speed checks in Walkington due to people speeding through the village, as the limit goes from NSL to 30 mph, as I was slowing to 30 he went even faster past me into the village gesticulating as he went past, the Police officer with the speed gun ran across the road after getting a reading on the radar gun, up a side street were his mate was waiting in a Vauxhall Senator, they flew through the village on blues and two’s, I passed them near the crossroads at the Beverley end of Walkington with the police officer had his head through the cavaliers side window really laying into the driver, I reckon it must have been a ban as it was doing well over 60 mph when it passed me and never slowed for the 30 mph bit

Top Bottom