1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foreign currency

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by gbb, 5 Feb 2008.

1. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

So...how much have you got tucked away ;)

If its worthwhile, i'll tot it up and see how much we got between us.

I know ive got Turkish Lira, Cypriot Pounds, Euros and Uruguayan Dollars. I'll tot mine up and post tomorrow....

2. stevenb

stevenb New Member

I think I've got about 2 euros and 20 cents.:biggrin:

3. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Got some dollars somewhere in a jar...just in case Britain goes all the way, so to speak...

4. Jaded

Jaded New Member

I've got quite a few Jimmy notes.

5. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I've got a couple of Irish pounds somwhere.

6. OP
    OP
    gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Thats going to be the trouble..we all got some somewhere, but where :biggrin:

7. OP
    OP
    gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Jimmy notes ??? ..you just made that up :biggrin:

8. surfgurl

surfgurl New Member

I've got some Cuban tourist pesos. About £1 worth. Or the equivalent of a packet of Cuban cigarettes.
    I also have 30 euros I put in a safe place. Can't quite remember where, which is annoying as I am in Berlin next week.

9. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

You shouldn't smoke cuban cigarettes. They will make you die.

10. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

US dollars, South African Rand, Singapore dollars, Indonesian Rupiah, Danish Kroner, Philippine pesos, Korean won, Kenyan Shiligi, Hong Kong dollars, Vietnamese dong, Chinese Yuan and Belgium francs. There are others but I've not got them with me at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

Have got a 1,000 Ugandan Shillings somewhere and theres probably a couple of grand more kicking round with family members that I sent back.

£1= 3,400UGS

12. simonali

simonali Über Member

I have some Malaysian Ringgits somewhere. Gawd knows how much they're worth these days?! I believe there is 10c (US) somewhere in the bottom of my rucksack from my last trip there.

Also have some Fronch froncs/centimes, but they're not much use these days, are they?

13. mr_hippo

mr_hippo Living Legend & Old Fart

One Ringgit = 15p

I have about £7.50 here, does that count as foreign currency?

14. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

The big old 5p coins (before they became the big new 5p coins, and before they became the small new 5p coins :smile:) were the exact size of a German deutschmark; great for using in fag machines, drink machines, phone boxes etc. and all for a fraction of the price. ;)

15. 4F

4F Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby

I have some old Azerbaijan manat. Useless now as they knocked off about 4 of the zeros a few years ago as it was getting ridiculous.