Foreign currency

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
So...how much have you got tucked away ;)

If its worthwhile, i'll tot it up and see how much we got between us.

I know ive got Turkish Lira, Cypriot Pounds, Euros and Uruguayan Dollars. I'll tot mine up and post tomorrow....

stevenb

I think I've got about 2 euros and 20 cents.:biggrin:

surfgurl

I've got some Cuban tourist pesos. About £1 worth. Or the equivalent of a packet of Cuban cigarettes.
I also have 30 euros I put in a safe place. Can't quite remember where, which is annoying as I am in Berlin next week.

Keith Oates

Janner
US dollars, South African Rand, Singapore dollars, Indonesian Rupiah, Danish Kroner, Philippine pesos, Korean won, Kenyan Shiligi, Hong Kong dollars, Vietnamese dong, Chinese Yuan and Belgium francs. There are others but I've not got them with me at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!

mondobongo

Über Member
Have got a 1,000 Ugandan Shillings somewhere and theres probably a couple of grand more kicking round with family members that I sent back.

£1= 3,400UGS

simonali

Guru
I have some Malaysian Ringgits somewhere. Gawd knows how much they're worth these days?! I believe there is 10c (US) somewhere in the bottom of my rucksack from my last trip there.

Also have some Fronch froncs/centimes, but they're not much use these days, are they?

The big old 5p coins (before they became the big new 5p coins, and before they became the small new 5p coins :smile:) were the exact size of a German deutschmark; great for using in fag machines, drink machines, phone boxes etc. and all for a fraction of the price. ;)

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I have some old Azerbaijan manat. Useless now as they knocked off about 4 of the zeros a few years ago as it was getting ridiculous.

Top Bottom