Forgiving and forgetting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
But it looks as if the driver was cutting the corner. That is not a "mistake" or "not concentrating". When I was learning to drive the instructor told me off about cutting corners. I expect that driver was also told off about it. I bet he did not do it in his test. Probably would have led to him failing. So now, should he be disqualified from driving?

Cutting the corner seems to be 'de rigeur' now - it happens so often round here that some days I think I'm in France such are the number of cars coming round corners on completely the wrong side of the road.

As for the cyclist forgiving, well it's their accident and their decision, but I don't think I could have been so forgiving regardless of how genuinely sorry the driver appeared.
Do the police even need the cyclists permission to prosecute now the video is out there?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Do the police even need the cyclists permission to prosecute now the video is out there?

No, not least because a victim might not be in a position to give a view if he's either killed or seriously injured.

Practically, a prosecution has a better chance of success if the victim supports it by making a statement, but it's not critical.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I like his attitude.

I see this manouvre on a regular basis and wont stop where this guy stopped. I always stop in the middle of the lane. Even then the corner cutters can still come close.

Top Bottom