Forks!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why do you keep saying fork - singular.
Buying a second-hand fork is a gamble unless you can inspect the fork. Stanchion damage from not servicing the fork enough is rife.

I keep saying it because you may it sound as if you want to fit several forks to your bicycle. You want one fork, don't you? One bicycle has one fork only. You eat with a knife and fork, not knife and forks. We don't say "pair of forks" like "pair of trousers". We don't say turn left at the forks up ahead in the road.

Fork. Singular.

ChrisEyles

Guru
Forkses :smile:

If you can find them, 2nd hand Raidon's will probably do, other than that up your budget and you should be able to find a fork of 100mm travel for about 100. As has also been said, I wouldn't go beyond about 120 travel for that bike but 100mm will be just fine unless you're planning on taking the Fort William chairlift to the top, in which case you've bought the wrong bike but I can recommend the restaurant lasagne if you go, a fine last meal for taking a Land Rover bike down the mountain.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

Buying a second-hand fork is a gamble unless you can inspect the fork. Stanchion damage from not servicing the fork enough is rife.

I keep saying it because you may it sound as if you want to fit several forks to your bicycle. You want one fork, don't you? One bicycle has one fork only. You eat with a knife and fork, not knife and forks. We don't say "pair of forks" like "pair of trousers". We don't say turn left at the forks up ahead in the road.

Fork. Singular.
Okay, I don't get why you're making such a big deal over a simple grammar mistake. I came here for advice not sarcasm.

Okay, I don't get why you're making such a big deal over a simple grammar mistake. I came here for advice not sarcasm.
Please don't see it as sarcasm. It wasn't intended. I'm taking a dig at the entire British nation for using forks where fork is correct. Because I am one and there are 65 million transgressors out there, I have to use every opportunity I get. Not personal at all.
@Tim Hall here recently took me on on the point to by arguing - unsuccessfully I might add - that I don't say pant but pants, and therefore I should say forks, not fork.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/rear-cassette-issues.209551/post-4537170

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Please don't see it as sarcasm. It wasn't intended. I'm taking a dig at the entire British nation for using forks where fork is correct. Because I am one and there are 65 million transgressors out there, I have to use every opportunity I get. Not personal at all.
I'll hold my virtual hand up to that one - I too had been saying 'forks' but you made your point well - I will stop doing that!

One fork, with two fork blades. Unless it is something like a Cannondale Lefty, which only has one! :okay:

I'll hold my virtual hand up to that one - I too had been saying 'forks' but you made your point well - I will stop doing that!

One fork, with two fork blades. Unless it is something like a Cannondale Lefty, which only has one! :okay:

Aaaah, the Lefty. I should have thought of that one myself. I could use it as an argument: "If your bicycle has forks, as you say, whats that there on that Lefty called?"

"Half a forks" would be the only possible correct answer if you are a forks advocate.

Last edited:
Look, just to balance Yellow Saddle's almost English eccentricity coupled with some Scottish stubbornness, it's forks not fork. QED.

Last edited:
Top Bottom