Forme Thorpe Comp 1.0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikeman66

Any of you guys familiar with the Forme Thorpe Comp 1.0?

Seen a 2015 model advertised on a local bike selling Facebook group for £900. It's a £2,000 bike brand new, with standard issue carbon frame and fork. Group is Campagnolo Athena with Centaur brakes. Fairly respectable weight at 7.75kg too. With all the hills down here on the Isle of Wight, the 53-39 chainset and 12-25 cassette is a bit of a concern, but I guess the cassette can be changed fairly easily.

Seems to get pretty positive reviews overall, but some testers remarked on the slightly uninspiring ride.

If any of you folk own this bike and want to chip in with any info you think might be useful to know, that would be great.

Also.....do Campy Ergopower shifters work in the same way as Shimano, as I've never had any experience with them before?

S-Express

The first and main issue will be size. Views on ride will be entirely subjective. Campag shifters are functionally different to shimano, so it's worth taking some time to understand the differences.

OP
OP
bikeman66

bikeman66

The first and main issue will be size. Views on ride will be entirely subjective. Campag shifters are functionally different to shimano, so it's worth taking some time to understand the differences.
Thanks for the reply.

The bike is the same frame size as my current one, so I guess that's a start. The shop that has it for sale is only 10 miles from me, so a test ride is the next step forward.

OP
OP
bikeman66

bikeman66

Someone posted the same link on my Facebook. Sure is the same bike, with one major advantage.........it's brand new, rather than the secondhand one I originally posted about. OK, the model year is not current, but £2,300 down to £899 is a steal.

Do you have any experience of Campagnolo iancity? I read a review of this bike that said although Athena is only the second group up, it is functionally equivalent of Shimano Ultegra. That's quite a claim.

Top Bottom