Formula 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
Didn't Lewis take Max out at Silverstone?, 10 second penalty for Lewis and a DNF (and hospital) for Max.

Seems a bit of a soft punishment, mabe last race levelled the playing field..

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes - I was trying to find out where @classic33's conspiracy theory idea had come from in the first place though.

Thanks @figbat
Only Hamiltons car had the "25" where his chosen race number of 44 should be on the steering wheel.

Both his and Bottas's steering wheels had "accelerate 25" in white lettering earlier on, but Bottas carried his race number "77" on the wheel.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Didn't Lewis take Max out at Silverstone?, 10 second penalty for Lewis and a DNF (and hospital) for Max.

Seems a bit of a soft punishment, mabe last race levelled the playing field..
They were judged as both being to blame, but more on Hamilton's side. The penalty was in line with this.

They collided because neither yielded. it's indisputable that on many occasions other drivers have avoided collisions with Max.

As I said earlier, it's the rules and their application that are both ambiguous and inconsistently applied**. Needs sorting.

**No penalty for Max in Brazil? C'mon!^_^

FishFright

More wheels than sense
They were judged as both being to blame, but more on Hamilton's side. The penalty was in line with this.

They collided because neither yielded. it's indisputable that on many occasions other drivers have avoided collisions with Max.

As I said earlier, it's the rules and their application that are both ambiguous and inconsistently applied**. Needs sorting.

**No penalty for Max in Brazil? C'mon!^_^

Same as when Hamilton cut a corner for 29 laps straight until Verstappen called it out , no penalty though.

The penalties for all drivers were all over the place all year with the lower in the pack getting the harshest penalties.

The whole years officiating was abysmal.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Same as when Hamilton cut a corner for 29 laps straight until Verstappen called it out , no penalty though.

The penalties for all drivers were all over the place all year with the lower in the pack getting the harshest penalties.

The whole years officiating was abysmal.
Agreed. Drivers drive to the rules...as applied.

My personal view is that Max often went beyond the pale, but if he didn't get penalised, then it's OK - it's as binary as that.

Top Bottom